PDA

View Full Version : I am so glad to see this forum!

marinkitty
02-25-2003, 04:17 PM
I still have two weeks until my due date, but as I've already gained about 40 pounds I know I'll have some serious work to do after recovering from having the baby! I normally jog, lift weights and do yoga, but starting in about mid-September I stopped working out (just wasn't feeling like it) and then right after the holidays, started going to the gym 4 or 5 times a week again, but just doing 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer (on a pretty low setting) mainly because it has been helping with the back pain I've been having. Anyway, the upshot is that I will really need to get motivated post-baby if I want to get back into my normal clothes anytime soon (and since all my maternity clothes are fall/winter and summer is coming I am going to have absolutely nothing to wear). Will definitely be following this board! Great idea.

Holly
(with baby #1 due 3/12/03)

kfcboston
02-25-2003, 04:31 PM
All I can say is -- DITTO!! I've gained about 40, and also hope to squeeze into that old summer wardrobe. I've been continuing my walk-intensive commute, although I left swimming behind about a month or 6 weeks ago, to my own disappointment at my lack of motivation. But I'll be sooo much more motivated this spring, right? Right?? (LOL)

Katie
EDD w/ #1 -- 3/7/03!!

VickiH
02-25-2003, 05:23 PM
I feel even worse. I gained 53 with my pregnancy (same as Elizabeth Hurley gained, she lost it, so can I!!). So far I have been able to lose about half, but that's all. I "planned" on losing it all by 6 mos so I could wear my old clothes when I went back to work. Well, I'm going back in a month and no where near a size 6. I need motivation, which hasn't been easy since the weather has been so uncooperative - I hardly ever get out with the baby. Well, I look forward to sharing ideas and motivation!

MartiesMom2B
02-25-2003, 10:28 PM
I have 7 weeks to go until my due date and I have gained an unmentionable amount of pounds. Let's just say this past doctors visit I've reached over the 200 lb. mark :(

The only thing good is that everyone says that they can't notice any weight gain, except in my belly.

I'm very happy to see this forum and I have until July to fit into a size 16 bridesmaid gown. Of course these dresses are sized differently than regular clothes so I really don't know how much I need to slim down to. All I know right now, is that I'm hitting weight watchers again after Martie comes!

Sonia
EDD 4/14/03

sweetbasil
02-26-2003, 12:07 AM
Sonia,
Best wishes...fortunately, I'm pg. now, so not stressing about losing it too much right now (though I am obsessing about being careful to not blimp out as much this time :) ). Anyway, I'm a lifetime member at WW and it (once again) worked for me after DS#1 was born. Gotta love those extra 10 points for nursing moms, too!

Best wishes,