PDA

View Full Version : UGGG . . . get get any more weight off

Magda
03-02-2003, 11:36 PM
I seemed to have lost all my baby weight pretty quick (in the first 4 months) and was really psyched because I had 20 pounds to lose apart from that. I figured, great, I'm on my way, I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and the rest will come off.

No way! It's like I hit a brick wall. I've been trying to lose the next five pounds for the last 4 months.

I work our 3-5 times a week. So I guess the obvious answer is to eat less, but I always feel so hungry. I nurse DS (8mo)so I don't want to restrict my calories too much.

Any suggestions?

Elaine

JulieL
03-03-2003, 11:38 AM
I nursed too and found that it was pretty common for nursing moms to hold onto 10 lbs. Your body is being told to store fat so it won't let those lbs go till you wean. I found when I weaned my DS at 9 months that my problem was training myself to eat less. I started eating a little more than half what I was before and found I got use to it. I don't feel starved but I definately don't need to eat like I use to . Try aroebics that may help you. And look at what you eat. If you like yogurt get the ones packed with less sugar. I also found Splenda (found by the sugar in the baking ilse) a sweetner, and have used it to sugar up my coffee instead of sugar and I even have used it to bake with. Little choices, more fruit and veggies may help you budge the scale. Keep it up!!! Sooner or later it will give if you don't give up!

-JulieL
mama to Anthony 3/23/02

Magda
03-05-2003, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the encouragment.

deenass
03-11-2003, 03:26 PM
Just had to add ... BE CAREFUL with Splenda. I had a HORRIBLE expereince with it and found out some really scarey stuff about. Last summer I discovered Fruit 2-O and was drinking 60+ oz a day (thinking I was doing great because I was drinking my fluids!) After about two weeks, I noticed I was having what I would describe as anxiety attacks and having a lot of difficulty concentrating. Having had a bout with depression, I was nervous I was back in a "rut" but it ddin't make sense. The only change I could think of in my life was my Fruit 2-O obsession. I did notice how prominently displayed the "made with splenda" was on the label which made me curious. I did some searching on the web and found that many people had had similar experiences. After that, I cut myself off and started feeling better. I still miss the Fruit 2-O because I LOVED the taste, but it wasn't worth the side effects!

Check out this link for more info:
http://www.mercola.com/2000/dec/3/sucralose_dangers.htm

JulieL
03-11-2003, 06:47 PM
Thanks for posting this article. I have looked a little in fitness magazines for info of it and never really found anything. Of course I didn't look to hard. I only mainly use it in my coffee, and have baked with it once. I wonder if daily use, even low is bad???? Food for thought! I really am going to look into this, thanks for the info!

-JulieL
mama to Anthony 3/23/02

twinsmommy627
03-12-2003, 03:13 PM
Did you think about joining Weight Watchers? They do have a program for nursing mothers. I've been doing it (not as a nursing mom) and have taken off 16 lbs. plus I am snacking all day. Try eating high fiber snacks - 94% fat free popcorn, grapefruit or protein snacks - hard-boiled egg, laughing cow cheese. And of course, water, water, water!

MartiesMom2B
03-12-2003, 06:20 PM
Last night at my breastfeeding class, the instructor promoted the weight watchers program since they do have a program for nursing moms. You are also able to do it online and I was told that the meetings were baby friendly.

I plan on joining after Martie is born.

Sonia
EDD 4/14/03