PDA

View Full Version : Winsor Pilates?

MartiesMom2B
03-04-2003, 11:33 AM
OK, so I'm home on my day off and I'm flipping channels and there is an info-mercial on Winsor Pilates. Has anyone tried this? Does it work? Of course they show a mommy who was toned her lower abs with this. I know that most excercise programs do not work without a "proper" diet, but this kind of looks fun. Also are these tapes at Wal-mart or Target. They are $60.00 for the whole set on TV.

Thanks for input!

Sonia
EDD 4/14/03

Zansu
03-04-2003, 08:07 PM
Sonia,

Pilates is a fantastic way to strengthen your abdominal muscles, improve your posture and generally help you feel graceful.

Windosr actually has a book called Pilates for Pregnancy, which can be used at any point in the pregnancy. It has three levels of effort, and very good instructions and illustrations.

I did Pilates into my 9th month, and started back up when DS was 6 weeks old. It has definitely improved my ab strength, kept me from throwing my back out, and kept me sane.

If you can swing it, I definitely recommend working with a certified Pilates instructor. You will get much better results if you do the exercises correctly from the beginning, and working with an instructor is the best way to guarantee that.

HTH
Suzanne

todzwife
03-07-2003, 01:47 AM
Winsor Pilates are only available from the infomercial. The company that distributes them is Guthy-Renker who my boss is the marketing president for. She got me the set (for free :)) and I really love them, but I don't think that I would pay $60 for them. I agree with Suzanne, you would have better luck with a pilates instructor or taking a class. Pilates is very relaxing and really does build lean muscles. Hope this helps!
Shandelle :)

MartiesMom2B
03-07-2003, 09:46 AM
Shandelle:

Thanks for the inside scoop. Too bad you can only buy them through the informercial, but this has increased my interest in Pilates.

Sonia
EDD 4/14/03

mediamaven
03-09-2003, 09:25 PM
Sonia,
Collage video sells the Winsor tapes:

http://www.collage-video.com/

You can also get them in DVD as well.

ddmarsh
03-21-2003, 08:39 AM
I saw these at Target last night for I think $39.99. That's a good savings from the infommercial with the addition of no shipping costs.

Debbie