PDA

View Full Version : Posting for week 4/14

JulieL
04-21-2003, 09:21 AM
So I am posting my evalution for last week. I endedup working out 2 times with weights, and walked for 30 min as well. Although I wanted to do more, it just didn't happen. But I have a very big thing to post. I pulled out my capris from last summer and I tried them on. I buttoned them up and I COULD PULL THEM OFF MY HIPS, BUTTONED!!!! I was sssooooo excited. I know I have slimmed down a lot, but to see such big results made all my blood, sweat and tears ssooo worth it!!! Also I have been on a new "diet", more or less it's not a diet per say, but just eating awareness. I got the book No More Cellulite and it had a very easy eating plan to work with. It basically says how much to eat and to eat a morning and afternoon snack (fruit or something light) and I am happy to say in 3 weeks I have lost 2 lbs!!! I really only want to lose 3 more lbs, but it won't kill me if I don't. And also for the first time in forever, years really, I can see between my thighs! So I hope this encourages all of you trying to lose those mommy lbs. I started working out last August and can see such a difference in myself now 7 months later!

MartiesMom2B
04-22-2003, 10:31 AM
Julie:

I'm getting my scale today. I haven't gone back to my old excercise routine yet, but have been walking alot. I've lost a lot of my water weight (still can't slip that wedding ring on again yet). One of the great things that I've noticed since having Martie is that my appetite is not very big anymore. I'm trying to eat healthier, but still have ice cream cravings (haven't had any though). I will be starting Weight Watchers again next month though.

Hooray for your progress!

When does that funky line go away from the belly? DH asks me about every other day.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

JulieL
04-22-2003, 01:37 PM
Do you mean the line that grows from the navel and on down? If so I didn't get one. I think I read somewhere that women of color (which if you saw my pasty white skin you would know is NOT me) get the line more pronounced. But I don't remember what they said about it leaving. Ask DH when his back hair will leave, hehe, tell him to lay off! Good for you to do some walking! I think it took a good month for me to get my wedding band back on, maybe longer. You know sherbert could be a good substitute for ice cream. Eddies makes whole fruit pops and sherbert which is quite yummy and very very low in surgar. It's not ice cream, but it's a close second.

MartiesMom2B
04-22-2003, 04:58 PM
Just got my scale and have discovered that I've lost 30lbs since my last prenatal visit (2 days before giving birth). Hooray. I'm glad at this progress. Just got a weight watchers coupon in the mail. I might join earlier than I thought.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

JulieL
04-22-2003, 06:09 PM
YEAH!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!! Feels good to know doesn't it!

Annette_C
04-22-2003, 08:00 PM
I only was able to work out 3 times last week because it was a holiday week and I had TONS of preparations to do.
Haven't weighed myself, though, again, because of the holiday and the eating associated with it!
I need to lose 10 lbs but I'm mad because I only had 5 to lose after DD was born! I've been indulging and feeling sorry for myself (compensating) by overeating.
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

JulieL
04-23-2003, 08:44 AM
Annette,
I think 3 times a week is really good! Holidays can be so hard to workout around, so much is going on. In December I think I worked out a total of 6 times the whole month. Don't worry about the extra five, they will come off. I think most of us can relate to gaining a little. When you are trying to take care of a little one, a frozen pizza is so much more convienent than cooking something healthy. I have been there for sure. Before you know it you'll lose all 10!