PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with Winsor Pilates?

sugarsnappea
04-22-2003, 04:16 PM
Thinking of ordering the set but wonder if I was just sucked in by the infomercial...

I also heard there she did a pilates for pregnancy video.

Did anyone have good results with any of these videos?

Thanks!

MartiesMom2B
04-22-2003, 04:56 PM
I posted a similar message about this, look below. I too was hooked by the info-mercial but haven't had the guts to go and get the videos. Most people recommeded pilates but to go find a local instructor.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

sugarsnappea
04-23-2003, 08:33 AM
Thanks!

I swear I looked at all the posts before posting---I lost my mind after childbirth! Unfortunately for me that was almost 2 years ago!!

JulieL
04-23-2003, 08:55 AM
I saw the set available at Target for $40. Just thought I would let you know. Then you wouldn't have to pay s & h.

allange
04-24-2003, 07:56 PM
I purchased the videos after some other moms at my daughter's gym class started raving about it. One close mom friend lost significant weight and had to buy a whole new wardrobe.

I have only had the set for about a week and I have tried it several times. I think it is a good workout for days that you you want an easy workout. I use it for days that I am too busy to go to the gym.

Some things to consider: may be bad if you have a bad back. It involves lots of poses that stress your back. Also, it depends on what you are looking for but this is not a high impact workout and you will probably have to walk or do cardio to lose weight in addition to Winsor Pilates.

MartiesMom2B
04-25-2003, 05:42 PM
Do you think it'll help to tone up flabby stomachs like the informercial states?

Sonia

sugarsnappea
04-28-2003, 08:51 AM
That is the draw for me too! I want my stomach to stop looking like a Shar-pei!!

MartiesMom2B
04-28-2003, 04:17 PM
LOL! If it gives me a tummy like Daisy Fuentes than I'm ordering the tapes faster than you can say stretch marks. If it can make belly button look cute again instead of some one taking a melon baller to my stomach even better!

Sonia

allange
04-28-2003, 08:44 PM
I have been working out (cardio and weights) for several months and my stomach still has a pooch. I don't know how to get rid of it! Sigh!

As to whether Winsor pilates can tone your belly, I would take all infomercials with a grain of salt. That being said, this is a fairly easy workout. I don't know if you ladies are currently working out but if you are easing yourself into a fitness routine, it may be a good way to get started.

I am not a video workout person and this is my only home workout tape so I am probably not the best person to offer a review. My friend (who lost all the weight) was severely out of shape but she did Winsor every day (the 20 minute workout) because it was fairly easy and quick.

When I was on the fence about purchasing, I looked at reviews at http://www.collage-video.com/. Just type in Winsor pilates in the search area and scroll down to read reviews.

Angela