PDA

View Full Version : The Firm has a new video set!!!

JulieL
05-01-2003, 09:11 AM
I just was on their website, www.firmdirect.com, and noticed they have a new workout set. I think I may order it. This one includes the use of a bellbar, which is included in the workout kit. Not sure I want to shell out the money, but I love the other set so much that I think I will. I have had great success wit The Firm videos! Just thought I would let you all know!

celfsh
05-01-2003, 10:56 AM
That looks awesome! Reminds me of the PowerFlex class I used to go to at the gym. Definitely post a review if you get it, Julie. Or maybe I will just get it, too...

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02
http://homepage.mac.com/the_big_fish

mommy_someday
05-02-2003, 10:10 PM
Jules,

Hey, it's your good buddy, Erica! I finally decided to browse this site at your suggestion and you were totally right -- all of these ladies are great. I'm learning a lot.

BTW, I'm glad those videos are working out for one of us :O) - I think I'm just too undisciplined to make myself use them...But I may sign up for a Jazzercise class - there's a coupon in the Entertainment Book. I seemed to go pretty regularly to my kickboxing class back in my college days (not that it was all that long ago...).

Hey, I know this is the wrong forum, but you're my best bud and I'm already here so I was wondering if you know if it's alright to put a car seat in the back of an extended cab pick up truck. I had one response to my question so far... Clint's car is about to die and we're looking at a Toyota Tacoma extended cab tomorrow. Just wondered if my Accord is going to be it on the feasible chitlin transportation if we get the truck. (BTW, found another house in Nikki's subdivision - wrote a back-up contract tonight, so cross your fingers!!!)

Love ya!

Erica B.

MartiesMom2B
05-03-2003, 12:14 PM
Ladies, if anyone gets this please let me know how you like this. What is the name of this set. I loved my powerflex class at the gym, but I told DH that I would stick to TaeBo and Yoga for a little while before I invested in another video.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm

JulieL
05-05-2003, 09:22 AM
REECA MY GIRL HEY WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!! These gals are the best! I knew you would like it here! I would think in an extended cab truck would be fine for a car seat. I mean it's not much different then the back of a car, except for leg room and well let's be real a baby doesn't need leg room. I'm syked about the house contract. I hope you get it! We need to talk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think a jazzercise class sounds fun hope you find one you like!

Love you lots too!!!

JulieL
05-05-2003, 09:24 AM
The video set is called The Firm: Body Sculpting System 2. I am using number one and it is great. I hope the second is just as good. FYI on www.firmdirect.com they have the system 1 on sale!

mamahill
05-05-2003, 02:10 PM
I only see system 2 - where do you see system 1? The Firm videos I have are older. Still amazingly effective, but the 80s look kind of bugs me. And I soooooooo need to get this flabby body toned. Good heavens, it's warming up and I can't wear summer clothes like this! TIA!

JulieL
05-05-2003, 02:35 PM
Are you looking on www.firmdirect.com? Because last I was on it both were shown. System 1 has Cardio Scuplt, Body Scuplt and Ab Scuplt along with the fanny lifter. System 2 has Maximum Cadio Burn, Complete Aerobics & Weight Training and Total Scuplt plus Abs along with the bar (you can buy it with or w/out the fanny lifter-of course there is a price difference) I just ordered it on-line and have to wait 4 to 6 weeks for it to come in (bummer!:* ) I'll let you all know what I think once I get it!

mommy_someday
05-05-2003, 09:39 PM
Julie,

We got the truck - went in for the 1997 Tacoma and left with a 2002. Oops! Cost twice as much but sooooooo cute! I mean, manly (in case DH is reading over my shoulder!). It's silver with only 14K miles on it.

As for the house, we don't find out until the 22nd if the first contract goes through or not. If it doesn't, the house is ours.

Hope Ben's graduation went well - tell him congrats for me - I haven't been the best and sending cards lately.

I bought crib bedding the other day from Target. Couldn't find the part of the crib quilt that my pattern called for - but I can still use the pattern to make the curtains, valances, organizer, dust ruffle and diaper stacker. It's way cute - little pastel bugs - kind of the same colors as Anthony's room. You can see it on Target.com under Circo Bugs.

We should get together some time soon. I miss you. Later...

E.

MartiesMom2B
05-10-2003, 07:45 PM
I saw the Firm informercial for their new set today. It seems like the Firm has everything that I like in a work out. Do you feel like you get a cardio work out too? That's what it seems like. Now I need to convince DH that the $120 expense is justifed.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm

JulieL
05-11-2003, 09:24 PM
Boy oh Boy do you ever work up a sweat!!! Absolutely do you ever get a good workout!!!