PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 4/28

JulieL
05-05-2003, 09:31 AM
Well I got in two workouts early in the week, but that is it. My DH graduated from college this last weekend YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) So needless to say, with family members coming in from out of town I didn't get any working out done past thursday. In fact last night I crashed for the evening at 8:00, I was that tired. Today I intend to take it easy. But for this next week I am upping my weights so I hope to see some more muscle growth this next month. How did it go for you?

MartiesMom2B
05-05-2003, 09:45 AM
Congrats to DH!!! Where is he going to medical school? I don't remember if you ever said where. You deserve a rest.

I lost 4 more lbs! Hooray. Didn't really work out, perhaps its true what the say about bfing.

It's supposed to rain all week. I might start mall walking.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm

JulieL
05-05-2003, 12:15 PM
He is going to St. Louis University, a very good school, unless something changes. We don't expect to move out of St. Louis, YEAH!!! So I am very happy. Congrats on your 4 lbs!!!!!!

stillplayswithbarbies
05-05-2003, 01:59 PM
I did my 3 days a week at Curves. I found it is easier to leave baby home with Daddy rather than take her with me. Even if she sleeps the whole time, it is too distracting for me to have her there and I don't work as hard. So, I got three good workouts this week. My weight is the same, but that's better than gaining. :)

On Saturday we went to Palisades Mall. The guys went to a movie and Logan and I shopped, so I got some exercise walking the length of the mall and back. That place is huge! I had never been to the other end where the baby stores are until now.

...Karen
Jake age 12
Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03

kathsmom
05-05-2003, 06:54 PM
Hi, everyone!

Congratulations to Julie's DH! I know this was an exciting time for you and your family! I wish him luck with his continued studies!

Sonia,
Yeah! 4 lbs.! I am so happy for you!

Karen,
Tell me more about Curves! My DH read an article in Time magazine about it and thought it might be something I want to try!

Well, I walked 1.5 miles Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. Wednesday night we did yard work (does that count as exercise?). Thursday and Friday we had thunder storms. Saturday was crazy with a baby shower to attend, getting DH ready to fly out on Sunday, and grocery shopping (I guess walking around Super Wal-Mart could pass for exercise!). I hope to do more this week, but we have had thunderstorms today (and tornado watches) and we expect more for the next 2 days. Yuck! To top off a crazy Saturday when I was tired and cranky, my DH weighs himself and he has lost 8 lbs. and I have lost none! Who made an effort to exercise last week - not him! Oh, well, at least I have the ball rolling in the right direction!

Have a great week,everyone!

Toni

stillplayswithbarbies
05-05-2003, 07:16 PM
Curves is great. It is a strength training program with resistance machines that use hydraulics so you get a workout both directions. For example, the bicep machine is also a tricep machine. You pull up and push down, working both muscles. The whole workout only takes 30 minutes. They also have an eating plan, but you don't have to do that if you don't want to.

I have been going three times a week since October 2001. I lost 70 pounds in 8 months, and then I got pregnant, so I adjusted my eating so I wouldn't be losing weight while pregnant. I worked out through the pregnancy, and I think that had something to do with my easy pregnancy and easy delivery. And easy recovery too, I was back at Curves 3 weeks post partum. I gained 28 pounds with the pregnancy, and have lost all but 4 pounds. All due to Curves. :)

...Karen
Jake age 12
Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03

Annette_C
05-05-2003, 11:10 PM
I worked out 4 times last week. I did have a busy weekend on top of that, though. Saturday, we went shopping for patio furniture (chairs) but, since we have an odd sized hight on our patio table, it seemes like an impossible task! We did walk a LOT from store to store. On Sunday, I did 3 hours of gardening outside....besides doing laundry, cooking Sunday dinner and taking partial care of Sabrina!
I don't think I've lost anything (I don't get on my scale unless I feel "skinny" LOL!) but, then again, I haven't gained either!
Julie, congratulations to your DH!! You must be so proud of him!!
Sonia, congratulations on your 4 lbs loss!!!
Toni, you're doing well!! Moving IS exercise!
Karen, good job! I've never belonged to a fitness club nor weight watchers but I think it's time for me to consider it! Thanks for the info on Curves. BTW...where's the mall you went to?
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

LD92599
05-06-2003, 08:23 AM
I am so envious of the weight losses posted...I gained 50 pounds with Will and lost 20 right away...i think I may have lost another 2 or 3. Even though I started WW last week I am just not into the whole points thing just yet. I need to get to the grocery store and buy some low point breakfast ideas, etc.

Karen....I am always in palisades mall...that mall is PERFECT for mall walking...you can walk a few miles practically and not have to pass the same store twice! Our new thing is meeting friends there and the women stay with the babies while the men see movies that we don't want to see!

I've heard about Curves...i oughta check it out.

I keep saying to myself that i have to do situps, crunches, etc...I will go do them NOW while I am thinking about it.

In the meantime, we're still walking at least 2 miles per day when the weather is nice, though this week looks like a rainy week!

Laura
mom to William 3.5.2003

MartiesMom2B
05-06-2003, 10:16 AM
Toni:

Great job! From doing Weight Watchers with DH I learned that men lose faster than women.

Walking in Super Walmart does count! If you want to work out more walk down every aisle. Another tricked that I learned is to park far away from the door of stores so that you have to walk more. Tricks like that will gobble up those small calories that will add up.

I'm so proud of you.

Sonia

stillplayswithbarbies
05-06-2003, 12:28 PM
Palisades mall is over in NY across the Tappanzee bridge. It takes about an hour or so to get there, but it is worth the drive. That is the closest Target, and I knew they would have the bottles I wanted. Oh and I got the best headbands for Logan there, they are stretchy lace with a bow and they actually stay on her head. My husband always wants to go to the Home Depot there and I'm like, what for, we have that at home and then he reminds me we have Gymboree and Baby Gap at home too. :)

My husband and son like to go to movies at the theater there because they have big screens and stadium seating. And there are great restaurants, we ate at Don Pablos this time, but I see there is a Cheesecake Factory there that we will go to next time.

For baby stuff, they have Gymboree, Baby Gap, The Children's Place, and I am not sure what else. There is an H&M too. (I looked for those bathing suits you were looking at at Gymboree but they only had big sizes)

...Karen
Jake age 12
Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03

kathsmom
05-06-2003, 01:00 PM
Karen,

Thanks for telling me about Curves. I believe there is one in the same shopping center where we get our hair cut, but I can't remember. I would have to find another one, because that would be too far away. DD and I don't get our hair cut very often (because we like having long hair) and it is kind of out of the way for us, but we love our hairdresser.

I will be checking it out! Thanks again for the information!

Toni - mom to Katherine (5/19/96) and Andrew (9/23/02)

Annette_C
05-06-2003, 08:02 PM
Thanks Karen!
That's so sweet of you to look for the swimsuit at Gymboree! I looked online but they only had 0-6 mo. size there. Too small, too big but no in between! :)
I've never been to the Palisades mall....hmmmm... something to check out this summer!
Do you ever go to the outlets (Clinton and Westbrook)? I haven't been in a while but they have good buys there too.
I personally prefer Kittery, Maine, for my outlets shopping. That's on our list of summer trips (we like to go and stay in Ogunquit for a couple of days)...plus, I always end up having a great lobster dinner there!:)
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

liya
05-07-2003, 11:12 PM
Julie:
Congrats on hubbys graduation......

Sonia:
COngrats on your 4pds

I finally began to work out this week lets see if i can join you in the weight loss by next week...lol :)

liya
05-07-2003, 11:17 PM
i hear u sister...those 50 pds happened to me also....lol hope i get rid of them soon....lol The WW thing is kindda hard and sometimes it seems as though the points dont go with the actual calories your supposed to be consuming but you get the hang of it eventually...give it some time itll work ...plus remember you have the added benefit that if you excersize you get bonus points, which is always a plus...anyhow good luck with everything..keep it up!

LD92599
05-09-2003, 12:36 PM
My first week on WW went well (though i will admit I didn't follow their points program...just knowing I was paying for it was sufficient enough for the first week to just really watch what I was eating, etc!)....i lost 4 pounds! Whooo hoooo....25 more to go!

We're still walking 2-3 miles each day. At the end of our walk DH always says, "Cmon..another few blocks!" I never want to but we always do; I know it's for our own good!

I checked out Whole Foods yesterday and low point/healthier alternatives (we are now on a Boca Burger kick!). Great store if you have one nearby.

Julie: That's awesome that your hubby graduated!!!!

Laura
mom to William 3.5.2003

MartiesMom2B
05-09-2003, 12:49 PM
Laura:

Hooray on your weight loss. I signed up at Weight Watchers yesterday. Out comes my measuring cups. I love Boca Burgers too. I'm very impressed by your 2 mile walks.

Sonia