PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 5/5

JulieL
05-11-2003, 09:38 PM
Ok gals it's been 4 full weeks. For those of you who just hopped in this doesn't apply to you (unless you were already workingout). It is time to get out the tape measurer. Measure your waist (the smallest point), your upper hips and upper thighs. I urge you to write down your measurements. Also it's time to log your weigh in. Please don't get discouraged if you don't see a difference this month. It takes 6 weeks of steady working out to see a difference (this is an average estimation-of course person to person it does vary). After 3 months of me working out that is when I really saw a big difference. These calculations are to encourage you when you see them get smaller. And trust me if you are dilligent they will get smaller. Also if you have been weight training you especially in due time will see those measurements decrease.

I worked out with weights twice this week. I increased my weights so I was a little sore. Also I did two days of brisk walking for half an hour.

I have noticed in the last two months that my lower waist, around my belly button-a.k.a. the stubborn zone (I know you all can relate), has gone down 1/2 an inch!!! Weight wise I am the same. But now I am happy with my weight. Mainly I am concentrating on building my muscles, and decreasing my measurements.

Hope you all had a great Mother's Day!

kathsmom
05-12-2003, 08:56 AM
I had a bad week last week. DH was out of town all week. I got sick last Monday (and I am still sick - had no time to go to the doctor, but I'm going today with 2 kids in tow). I think I have bronchitis and/or a sinus infection. We also had severe weather from Sunday-Wednesday of last week - tons of severe thunderstorm warnings, flash flood warnings, hail warnings, tornado warnings. I spent every night in a half-asleep state so that I could get up quickly if I needed to to get the kids into the bathroom (our most interior room in the house) if a tornado did come. Sorry this is so long - I just needed to have a little pity party.

Anyway, due to the above circumstances, I did not work out at all. I am feeling like a slug right now, but I get so winded from just taking a shower (the gunky stuff has settled in my chest). I am hoping to do better once I get on some antibiotics.

Sorry about ranting and raving. Thanks so much for the support that you all give me!

Have a great day!

Toni - mom to Katherine (5/19/96) and Andrew (9/23/02)

JulieL
05-12-2003, 12:52 PM
Toni,
I hope you feel better soon! It's almost impossible to get energy to workout when you feel awful. Don't worry about it. Hopefully you will feel better a.s.a.p.! I live in Missouri so I am here with on all that bad weather. I am so sick of storms!!! Things will get better. Oh, and feel free to vent! That is why we are here!!!:)

MartiesMom2B
05-12-2003, 01:11 PM
Ok ok I'll bust out the measuring tape today! I joined weight watchers this week. Didn't really follow it though. People are still bringing us food. However since I'm a nursing mom I have the points of a 300 lb. man.

Now that the weather is good and DH is back to work, I'm going to set up a routine which includes exercise. I need it to boost up my energy from little Miss Martie's fussy periods at night.

I hope everyone else has had a good week!

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm

celfsh
05-12-2003, 03:19 PM
Okay, ladies, I soooo have wanted to join you, but didn't want to post until I actually had something to post about! Well, I finally started working out again this week--got The Firm videos and they are fabulous! I am a big believer in strength training to sculpt your body (cardio alone won't do it, I know!) so that's why I think these tapes are awesome. I can't tell you how good it feels to be working out again! I mean, of course, I want to lose some of this extra "baby" fat, but most of all I just want to have energy and feel "fit" again, know what I mean?

Julie, I'm off to buy a measuring tape today! I don't own a scale--actually, I never have. I guess weight doesn't really mean that much to me since I just weighed myself at my mom's the other day and while I actually weigh LESS than what I did pre-pregnancy, I know for a fact that I LOOK and FEEL bigger. Go figure...

Anyway, I hope you guys don't mind if I jump on your bandwagon. Keep up the good work and thanks for inspiring me to get my butt in gear!

P.S. Feel better soon, Toni!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02
http://homepage.mac.com/the_big_fish

kathsmom
05-12-2003, 05:14 PM
Thanks, ladies!

I went to the doctor this afternoon (with both kids - something that I will NOT do again). My blood pressure was elevated, but between being sick and having two kids to contend with, the doctor wasn't worried about it (even though I told him about my high BP during pregnancy - he said I should be fine).

So, my diagnosis is - a viral infection! I could have sworn it was bronchitis and/or a sinus infection. My chest hurts at times and I have green mucus when I blow my nose. He was concerned that the virus has been hanging around so long - so he gave me an antibiotic to use if I am not better by Wed. and something for congestion. He said that viral infections can become bacterial. He said my throat was red and tender looking and my lymph nodes were really swollen. So I will be thinking of you all as I rest and try to recover so I can stop being a slug!

Take care!

Toni - mom to Katherine (5/19/96) and Andrew (9/23/02)

liya
05-12-2003, 08:25 PM
Hey ladies.......I did it finally!! I began using those Power 90 videos that were stuffed in the closet and let me tell you something they are awfull but ill keep on doing them until i get my Firm Videos(DH bought them for me as a MD present)...The Power 90 ones are just a little bit tooo manly for they seem like videos for a boxer in training(my Dh loved them though so they wont go to waste although i think he just wants to increase in muscel mass because he is extremely fit...lol total opposite to me)...Just posting this for anyone who was considering in purchasing the program, plus i spoke with costumer service and it seems the program doest work with out taking the supplements and nursing moms cannot take these not to mention the fact that i doubt about the integrity of these so called help weight loss pills......Ill join you in next week with my scale....lol see you then....In advance to all that lost weight and inches WAY TO GO!!!!KEEP IT GOING GIRLS...I CAN SEE THE POUNDS SHEDDING AWAY!!!(i used to be an aerobics instructor about 4 years ago...lol)

JMarie
05-14-2003, 01:26 PM
Okay - I'm finally joining in... Now that Aidan is 3 months old, the child care center at my gym will take him for two hours and I can start running again. Woo hoo!

Okay - I went to the gym five days last week and walked/jogged for 30 minutes each time. Three days I did weight-training for about 30 minutes each and the other two days I met with my trainer to take a fitness test and go over nutrition. I am now about 10 pounds heavier than pre-pregnancy, but my trainer wants me to toss the scale - he says I'll never be happy with my weight judging from my body shape. I will most likely always weigh more than I look like, so I need to focus more on the measurements than the scale.

Today is my first workout with my trainer and he's promising to kick my butt into shape. I am scheduled to run 45 minutes six days a week, take cardio kick-boxing twice a week, Pilates three times, and weight-train with him four times a week. I know it sounds like a lot, and it is, but I have my 10 year reunion next month and I'm desperate! Wish me luck!

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher 01/28/03

MartiesMom2B
05-15-2003, 05:51 PM
Good luck Jennifer. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate, but it sounds like fun things. I hope you like your trainer and the weight training!

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm