PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 5/12

JulieL
05-20-2003, 08:44 AM
Well I got the my new Firm video's (system 2)!!! Boy was I happy that it didn't take 4 weeks or longer to come. It was about a week and a half after I ordered them that they came. I have used two so far. I really like them. They are fast pace but I know after doing them a few times I will have them down. So last week I worked out three times. I know I could have done more, but alas other things called my name. Hope all of you had a great week! (Sorry I didn't post yesterday, I meant to!) :)

MartiesMom2B
05-20-2003, 08:51 PM
Guess what I'm getting for my birthday. That's right the Firm package. I'm not getting the new one with the stick, but the one that they have at Target that includes the Fanny Lifter. I'm very excited. I need to go buy some weights too.

Tonight we celebrated my birthday (its tomorrow) got a babysitter and all. It was fabulous and I had dessert. That's more to burn off.

When I weighed in at Weight Watchers I maintained and didn't lose but I know that I need to seriously work out and diet to lose weight.

Hope everyone had a great week.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm

Annette_C
05-20-2003, 10:03 PM
Julie,
Glad you like the new Firm videos. I have quite a few of the Firm classics in my collection but don't like them as much as my Kathy Smith's or Gilad. Speaking of Gilad, I just got his new QuickFit System (7 videos, 3 cardio and 4 toning).
I tried two today and they're not as high impact as I'm used to but the toning is great.
I worked out 5 times last week but haven't lost an ounce yet!
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

Annette_C
05-20-2003, 10:06 PM
Sonia,
Happy Birthday!!! My daughter Bridget's birthday is on Thursday...one day after yours!
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

JMarie
05-20-2003, 10:47 PM
Well, I worked out twice with my trainer and ran on the treadmill three other days. I was sore all weekend from the last training session, but it was a good thing in the end. I'm feeling much stronger and I'm really trying to stay on a good diet. I went out of town this weekend, though, and the diet didn't exactly make it with me! I will be much better this week.

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher 01/28/03

kathsmom
05-20-2003, 11:16 PM
Happy Birthday, Sonia!! I hope you had a great time! I am so glad to hear that all of you are having some good workouts and weight watchers results!

Has anyone tried weight watchers online? I saw a pop-up ad for it when I was surfing Yahoo. Right now with DH travelling, it would be hard for me to commit to meetings. He will be off the road in July after all of his training is over, so I might be able to do it then.

I have continued to be a slug! I went to the doctor last Monday as I posted earlier, and have continued to fight with this virus. DS came down with an ear infection and mild croup and DD got a virus/fever on Sunday. AAACCCKKK! Will the sickness never end?

Any tips to help me get back in the swing of things? I need to take it slow, because I feel the sore throat coming back, but I really want to do something to get my behind moving!

Thanks, ladies for all your help and support!

JulieL
05-21-2003, 08:37 AM
Start out walking if you can, then add on workout video a week. Slow is good for your body. Plus with two sick kids I know that time is a hard thing to swing! Hope the household is better soon!

By the way what is he training for. Sorry if you have explained before, I must have missed that posting.

I too second and third, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SONIA!!!!!!!!!!!:+

By the way I did the third workout video last night in my new Firm Set: Love It!!!!!!!!!

celfsh
05-21-2003, 09:47 AM
Hello, everyone! I am happy to report that I was able to workout 4 times last week--did the Firm videos 3 times and went walking once. I'm really liking the videos, although I've noticed my back has been hurting quite a bit the last few days. I wonder if I am doing something wrong?

Sonia: Happy birthday! I'm glad you had dessert while you were out--you deserve it! Oh, and I hope you like The Firm videos. I think they are awesome as far as workout videos go.

Toni: Hope you have a healthy household SOON. You are right to take it slow. I think Julie's advice to start walking is good. Fresh air and sunshine can do wonders!

Julie: So glad you like the Firm's new system. Thanks for being our fearless leader here!

Annette and Jennifer: Keep up the good work, you guys! You are doing awesome!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02
http://homepage.mac.com/the_big_fish

kathsmom
05-21-2003, 09:55 AM
Hi, Julie!

I'll give you a little background about our situation. DH left a good job he was happy doing to take what we thought was a great career opportunity with a European company that had been here in the U.S. for about 3 years. A business friend of DH's told him about it and convinced him to pursue it. DH was offered the job and after much prayer and counsel, we decided he should go for it. It was a HUGE mistake. He knew within 5 weeks that it was not going to work (the boss was the most awful, terrible, horrible person - can you tell I'm bitter?). Unfortunately, his old company was in the middle of a work force reduction and couldn't hire him back, even though they wanted to. A week or two later,DH was backed into a corner by his boss and resigned without another job to go to. DH found a job here in town so we don't have to move and he is doing some intensive training with one of the manufacturers lines he will represent.

Sorry this got to be so long!

JulieL
05-22-2003, 09:16 AM
Celeste,
I have a suggestion. I also was getting sore in the back as well. Then I figured out what I was doing wrong. When I was doing the french press, where you are sitting on the fanny lifter (in Cardio Scuplt) and you lift one heavy dumbell behind your head, I realized that I was bowing my back as I lifted. When I figured that out and straightened up the back pain went away. I don't know if you are doing this as well, but REALLY, REALLY pay attention to your form, and especially in your squats (knees behind the foot!!!). This will make such a difference in back pain for sure! Hope this is helpful!!! Way to go on being constant with your workouts!!!

celfsh
05-22-2003, 11:00 AM
Julie,

Thanks so much for your advice! I have also been wondering if I have been arching my back and that's what's been causing the pain. But then I'm not sure if the way I've been working out has anything to do with it at all. I took a break yesterday to see if that would help. My back was hurting in the morning, but felt better by the afternoon. Then I got up this morning and the pain is back. Maybe I need a new bed? A king this time, I hope? :)

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02
http://homepage.mac.com/the_big_fish

MartiesMom2B
05-22-2003, 04:05 PM
Warning: one hand typing

I just wanted everyone to know what I learned from my friend who is an exercise physiologist. I asked her about the firm since she's doing graduate work in Columbia SC (where the Firm is based). She said its a great investment. She also warned me not to take advil after working out (she said that i'd be sore w. the firm) She has just learned that taking an anti-inflammatory will cancel out the affects of the work out. Also there is a ton of research coming out abt the positives of weight training.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm