PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 5/19

JulieL
05-26-2003, 08:47 PM
Hey Gals hope you are all having a great Memorial Day! Hopefully everyone is having special bbq's and quality time with DH.

So last week I worked out three times and one day walked with DS for 30 mins as well.

I have been working with my heavier weights for a few weeks now and really do see a difference. I got a glimpse of my arms the other day in the mirror and thought, are those mine??? Before DS came I didn't even have a bicep! Ok, I did have a bicep it just didn't show, even when I tired to flex!!!...very sad!

Overall I had a great week. My new swimming suit from Lands End should come in the mail tomorrow! I am excited to enjoy this summer!

Hope all is well with you!!!

MartiesMom2B
05-26-2003, 09:49 PM
I worked out w/ the Firm today. Boy, did I get a workout. I'm really glad I got this set b/c its what I did at the gym before I was pregnant. I didn't really use weights considering the last time I worked out regularly was pre-pregnancy.

I did have a small weight loss at my weight watchers weigh in.

I hope everyone had a great week. Happy Memorial Day!!!

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm

JMarie
05-26-2003, 11:39 PM
Met with the trainer once and I'm convinced he wants to kill me. We worked arms, chest, and back, and discovered that underneath this baby fat, I may just have a six-pack waiting to come out! Too bad the stretch marks won't leave with the flab! Walked on the treadmill twice, wishing I could get back to running, but these shin-splints are killing me. The gym was closed end of the week for spring cleaning and floor refinishing, so I went walking with DS twice for an hour each time. I'm really, REALLY close to picking up The Firm based on everyone's recommendations, but I don't know that DS will let me work out at home. He's getting pretty clingy when Mommy's in the room. How do you do it when they don't nap?

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher 01/28/03

JulieL
05-27-2003, 07:44 AM
Jennifer,
I workout late at night. Starting out usually around 8 or 9p.m. It was hard to get use to but seeing as my DS isn't a sleeper either and I am NOT a morning person that was the only time I could fit in my workouts. And some days it takes a lot of personal persuasion to get off my booty and work out. Tricks I do for myself is get in my workout clothes well before I actually workout, so I can gear myself up for it. Then I feel guilty if I skip the workout. Also, and I swear by this one, COFFEE!!! I have a big ol cup of coffee to help me reve the engine, so to speak. Sounds like you are working out hard core, GOOD FOR YOU!!! You definately will see results! And I hear you on the stretch marks...sigh... My abs are the most neglected part of my body, but the new Firm system 2 incoporates some serious ab work at the end of two videos. Hopefully by the end of the summer I can lose another 1/2 or so on my bottom part of my belly!:) Glad you had a good week!

memedee
05-31-2003, 08:41 AM
Is there anything you can do for shin splints.I tried new sneakers and that did not help.I bought cushier socks and that may have helped a little.
I never really looked forward to walking[excersize walking] but now it HURTS.