PDA

View Full Version : Well I have been avoiding this section...

KimberleyDawn
05-30-2003, 01:53 PM
of the boards but now it's time!! So here's were I'm at...
I gained 75 pounds with this pg and I'm so upset with myself (disgusted really). I joined a program that has me on a meal plan and has their own exercise facility on site that I go to 3 times a week.
I'm so unmotivated it's unbelievable! The reason I'm struggling so much with this is I'd just lost 65 pounds, found out I was pg and then let all the fat come right back plus some extra!!
Anyway, I'm looking forward to talking with you guys, it's nice to have people to talk to about this (too embarrassed to discuss it with my friends).
Kim

KathyO
05-30-2003, 02:36 PM
Don't know if you will find this encouraging, but I did! I was 8 months pregnant, and down in the food court near my workplace, and ended up chatting with another woman in the lineup who looked just like Halle Berry. I told her I was feeling depressed about my weight gain, and she laughed and said she'd gained 65 with the first, and 75 with the second! The fact that she now looked like a movie star encouraged me enormously - it's not forever!

Good luck on the way back down again - and wish me luck, about a year down the road. I had just about finally peeled off the last of the 55 pounds of baby weight (2 years post-partum) when I got pg. again. Whoops, here we go again!

Best wishes and hang in there,

KathyO

JulieL
05-30-2003, 03:23 PM
Kim
You have gone the first step and good for you! It is hard to talk about the weight you gained with friends and family because they always say oh your fine, so to not hurt your feelings. Or worse they agree with you!!!:* I am glad you are going to join us and it sounds like you are ready for a real change! These gals are great and it's nice to get encouragement from each other! I look forward to hearing your progresses! I encourage you to post with us on mondays. Even if you didn't work out but turned down that ice cream cone or two or three, well that is an accomplishment for sure!!! Here's to a fitter thinner you!!!

stillplayswithbarbies
05-30-2003, 03:56 PM
Kim, I too had lost 70 pounds before I got pregnant. I didn't gain it all back, but I do still have an extra 10 pounds or so and the scale seems to be creeping up, not down!

One thing you can try to remember is that you know how to lose the weight, you did it once before. Just stay on track and do it the way you did before. (I know that is easier said than done)

(edited to fix a typo)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel 2/27/91
Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03

MartiesMom2B
05-30-2003, 08:50 PM
Kim:

I hear you sister! I was on weight watchers before I was pregnant and working out on a regular basis. Low and behold I was preggers but I was so sick the first 5 months that I think I gained 3 pounds. But then my appetite came 3 fold. I think I gained 15 lbs in one month (no joke). I gained over 50 lbs with the pregnancy. I cried when I reached over the 200 lb mark and was still upset when I was still over it after Martie was born. I still have 40 pounds to go and have gone back to weight watchers (not really looking forward to give up all my deserts). However I find that the support I get on these boards is great, and it's helped to find new and fun exercise routines.

Share, vent, and lean on us. That's what we're here for. Together we can regain our bodies!!! (Note I was told that you can get your body back but after you breast feed you have the boobs of an 80 year old woman. Is that true????)

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm

JulieL
05-31-2003, 09:01 AM
sorry Sonia but it's true. The poor breasts just hang there. BUT a sexy bra can help that out.

MartiesMom2B
05-31-2003, 12:14 PM
Oh no. They've always been perky. I've just asked DH for a boob life for my 40th b-day (I just turned 27-hopefully will be able to afford by then).

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm

stillplayswithbarbies
05-31-2003, 04:55 PM
My breasts were just the same as they always were after nursing my first for 13 months. And an added benefit is that breastfeeding reduces your chances for breast cancer, so even if they would sag, it's still good. :)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel 2/27/91
Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03