PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 5/26

JulieL
06-02-2003, 08:43 AM
Hello one and all!!!

Well this week went well for me. I had three workouts and a nice 45 minute walk with DS. I am feeling good and energetic.

Which I will need since DH and I are trying to move by August 1st. DH's orientation for medical school starts August 3rd, EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!, so needless to say I have already started the packing process. DH and I looked at condos and houses yesterday even though it is on the early side. We are trying to see what we can afford out there. When we got home I was on the internet for well over an hour on appartment searches. And what do I get for punishment, I dreampt ALL NIGHT about rentals and rental prices, yuk!!! We leave next week on 6/10 to go visit DH's family in San Antonio. So when we get back on 6/18 then we will really start looking. Wish us luck!!!

Hope to hear from a little more of you gals this week. Please post even if you didn't do anything! Not eating the Eddies ice cream is an accomplishment within itself!!!

celfsh
06-02-2003, 10:37 AM
Hi, ladies! Okay, I was a slacker and didn't post last time because I didn't have much to report, but this time I did a little better-- did the Firm videos twice and went walking at the mall once (window shopping counts, right?) LOL. I have to say that I'm definitely starting to notice some results--no overnight transformation or anything (darn it!) by my mom did comment the other day about how great I look. Okay, so she's my mom and she has to say stuff like that, but it did make me feel good! Now I'm feeling the need to get serious about changing my eating habits. I have a MAJOR sweet tooth (gummi bears and Swedish fish are my ultimate guilty pleasures) and love to snack, so if anyone has any ideas for some healthier munchies (or just healthy recipes in general) let me know!

Thanks, everyone, for all your support. Good luck, Julie, preparing for your move. I definitely don't think it's too early to start scoping things out. Let us know how things go--I'm way excited for you!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02
http://homepage.mac.com/the_big_fish

KimberleyDawn
06-02-2003, 01:01 PM
Hi! Well I just got back from my exercise class/ weigh-in and was devastated to learn that I only lost 2 pounds last week. The counselor was great and gave me some suggestions on exercise and what foods I was eating that had hidden sugars in them. My cravings are a little better today than they were over the weekend and I'm pretty sure it was because I wasn't drinking enough water.
Keep your water glasses/ bottles tipped!
Kim

MartiesMom2B
06-02-2003, 01:06 PM
First of all Julie: Good luck with everything!!! Have fun in San Antonio.

OK I did lose a little weight again at my WW (Weight Watchers)meetings. I stayed for the meeting too, woo hoo. I've decided that Mike needs to watch Martie so I can get some baby free time.

I attribute my weight loss to doing to the Firm videos (twice)because I still haven't given up dessert yet. I now feel that with my Firm, Taebo, and Yoga tapes that I'll never need to own a gym membership ever. I need to do the tape again today. It's pretty good, by the time I want to give up the instructor is talking about doing stretches. I'm pretty good at the weight lifting part (except for crossing my leg down when working on some lower body part). I just want to say that I'm happy doing this in my own home during the cardio aerobics part.

I also mall walked yesterday and decided on getting a diet soda instead of a lemonade or decaf mocha.

OK ladies let's contribute. Every little bit of support helps.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm

MartiesMom2B
06-02-2003, 01:09 PM
Kimberly:

Awesome job on your weight loss and for going to exercise class!

I just learned that the safe weight loss per week should be on average 2 lbs/week (at the most). That's the maximum amount of fat that can be lost. If you lose more you might be losing bone density or muscle. This is of course if you are drinking your water, because usually when you start drinking water you'll notice a big weight loss from water weight.

Sonia

LD92599
06-02-2003, 01:45 PM
I am happy to say that I've lost another 2 pounds on WW! I totally didn't expect that at all...i have been really good about exercising (those 2 mile walks!) and drinking water or decaf iced tea.

I am back at work today (1st day back!) so I am hoping it'll actually be easier to get back on track. Just need to stay out of the kitchen at the office.

Seems like everyone is doing really well...it IS hard but it will come off.

Oh, and i finally got into a pair of jeans yesterday...they weren't mine but DHs! But that's fine with me since they didn't fit last week!

Laura
mom to William 3.5.2003

JMarie
06-02-2003, 08:36 PM
Worked out twice with the trainer and ran on the treadmill three other days. Still ZERO weight loss, but I've lost an inch in the waist, almost two in the hips, 1/2 each on thighs and upper-arms, but none on the chest - looks like the twins are here to stay. I've started cooking dinner again and am on a huge salmon kick. I found these whole wheat high protein/low carb tortillas (9 g of fiber per tortilla!) that taste great with tuna fish salad (fat free or low fat mayo, of course!). I just can't give up desserts and chocolate, though, so I'm working on a quart of Oberweiss no-sugar-added chocolate ice cream. Two small scoops a day and my craving is cut. I hope it keeps working.

BTW - my trainer wants me dead. He's on these insane ab workouts. I'm sitting on a balance ball, leaning back, holding on to resistance bands by my shoulders while he's standing on it (the band) a good four feet behind my head, and I have to crunch like that! We did those on Thursday and my abs are still killing me! If my abs don't look like Britney's, someone's going to be in trouble...

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher 01/28/03

MartiesMom2B
06-02-2003, 08:40 PM
Jennifer:

I'm impressed. You go girl! I guess you'll be wearing those teeny belly shirts soon.

Sonia

JMarie
06-02-2003, 08:41 PM
Not with my stretch marks, I won't! Honestly, I just want to fit into my old pants... I've pretty much given up on the shirts and cute bras...

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher 01/28/03

JulieL
06-03-2003, 07:58 AM
Sigh...... I with you on that one! Although even before DS I never was one to flaunt my belly. Still I would like the option if I wanted to!

MartiesMom2B
06-03-2003, 09:19 AM
Hmmm I guess there's no chance that stretch marks will be next new thing in sexiness. Imagine my shock to find that I had them all over my lower belly after the baby was born. I didn't even know that they were there b/c I couldn't see underneath it. Sigh.

Sonia