PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I'm in, I've got to finally loose this weight

jubilee
06-02-2003, 01:42 PM
I have also been avoiding this section, but realized recently that the extra baby weight isn't going to fall off on it's own. I have 20 pounds I want to lose. If I have you all as my accountablity partners then I think I'll have more success. I am curious though, since I am breastfeeding I am hungry all the time- how do you all handle that?

celfsh
06-02-2003, 01:56 PM
Girl, I'm with you! I am also BFing and hungry ALL THE TIME! One thing that helps is to eat lots of healthy snacks throughout the day--the key word being "healthy". (I just posted in a different thread about being powerless when it comes to sweets, namely gummi bears and Swedish fish. LOL!) Here are some of my ideas, although I'd love to hear more!

--Smoothie made with yogurt, frozen fruit, and ice
--Fresh fruit and dip (yogurt mixed with a little bit of peanutbutter)
--Low-fat popcorn

My mind is blanking and I can't think of anything else right now. Hope others have some yummy suggestions!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02
http://homepage.mac.com/the_big_fish

JulieL
06-02-2003, 04:09 PM
I was BFing the first 5 months that I actually started working out. My weight loss was slow but steady. I lost 8 lbs by the end of 2002. Also I know that I had gained muscle along the way, which is what I really wanted, MUCSLE IS SEXY!!! Celeste is completely right, it's eating healthy. When you are BFing you are sappose to consume 500 extra calories!!! You have to do this for your baby, plus with the raging hunger you have no wonder why you always want to eat, your body is telling you to!!! I read many places that most women who BF hold onto 5 to 10 lbs until they stop BFing, that's one of the sacrifices you make when you are BFing. Although after I stopped BFing, my stomach was so use to eating a lot (through pregnancy and with BFing) that it took a good month to cut down my portions where they should be. Like I said for myself , YOU CAN STILL LOSE WEIGHT!!!, which I did. It will just be a slower pace, unless you are one of those wonder women whos baby fat just melts off while you eat a whopper!!! Gals you can do it and keep inspired!!!

mamahill
06-02-2003, 04:18 PM
This is going against the "eat healthy" bit, but I found that just by exercising, it really helped. I ate whatever I wanted (in moderation, though, and it wasn't like a pie for breakfast, ice cream for lunch, and cookies for dinner!). And water is KEY. We often mistake dehydration signals for hunger. When you start to feel really hungry, drink a glass of water. If you're still hungry 10 minutes later, drink a glass of milk (good carb/protein ratio) or eat a little cheese. If you're still hungry 10 minutes after that, then eat a little snack. Following this also helped me avoid eating when I'm bored (or trying to avoid doing something:)). That's all I can think of right now. Breaking a sweat will really help those pounds come off!

MartiesMom2B
06-02-2003, 08:19 PM
Julie!!!

So happy to see you! I am with you girl. I've gained an appetite all the sudden and I haven't quite given up dessert yet. Water helps and so does reduced fat popcorn. There is this popcorn that I tried at my SIL's that is reduced fat kettle corn. It is a little sweet and is awesome. As soon as I'm done eating this I'm getting it. But for now I have a caffeine free diet soda and popcorn as a snack when I'm not eating a dessert.

The problem that I'm having with a newborn is taking the time out to make quick healthy meals.

Oh and Sarah's suggestion re: water is key too.

Join us on our weekly post boards its very supportive.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm