PDA

View Full Version : Good Beginner Yoga Video?

lukkykatt
06-04-2003, 09:12 AM
Hi! At 11 months, DS is just starting to sleep through the night (yes, you read that correctly!), so I am starting to think about doing things other than sleep during his naptime. I started working out again about 2 weeks ago. I have an elyptical (sp??) climber, walk with the kids in the stroller, and do the Abs of Steel video. My goal is to do something active each day.

Now I am looking to throw something else into the mix, and wanted to try a yoga video. Does anyone have any recommendations?

TIA!

MartiesMom2B
06-05-2003, 09:53 AM
I have Gaim yoga videos. They are good. There are 3 different instructors who demonstrate different levels so you can keep and use when you get used to it. I wouldn't recommend the lower body one. The instroctor does some pretty funky things with her legs!

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm

akc
06-11-2003, 11:01 PM
Hi - My younger sister, Carolyn Klimas (she's 27), is a yoga instructor in Boston. You can email her if you'd like to get recommendations! If you haven't done yoga before, she often recommends going to at least one or two beginner classes at a studio to learn the proper position for the poses. Sometimes they even have classes that just teach you the poses. Then, you can head off into videos at home safely (plus, you'll get the most out of it!)

The Rodney Yee videos have some good beginner level programs that are usually only 20-30 minutes (naptime possibility!) She would have other recommendations! Her email is [email protected] - I'll tell her you might email! :)

Alexa

lukkykatt
06-22-2003, 10:19 PM
Haven't been on the Mommy Fit section in a while - have been sick, sick, sick the past two weeks. Just now feeling like I can get started again...

Wanted to thank you for the info and the offer to contact your sister- so nice of you!

There is a Yoga place here that offers a free trial class. Maybe I'll try that to see if I can get the poses down under supervision. Thanks for the tip!