PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Baltimore?

akc
06-11-2003, 10:57 PM
I'm looking for a walking buddy in Baltimore b/c I need serious motivation. When I don't have anyone to be accountable to, I just blow it off ... or worse (though fun for me) I NAP! I live in Roland Park, and my DD is 11 mos. I've got about 10 lbs to lose, so I'm hoping someone wants to walk the zoo, harbor and more with me!

Alexa

SASM
06-14-2003, 12:15 PM
Oh...how I wish I still lived in that area! I'd be walking with you in a second :-) You live in such a BEAUTIFUL area (I love Roland Park, Fort Washington, and Charles Street - Oh...the homes!!) ~ enjoy it while it is still flowering :-) If you feel up for a drive, I remember there were a lot of moms mall-walking in Columbia Mall and in Centennial Park. Try checking out your local library, too. There may be some mom groups there where someone may be in the same situation as you :-)

Good luck!! I am definitely in the same boat!!

emilyf
06-14-2003, 08:27 PM
Alexa-I live in Baltimore!!! We live downtown, just moved to Little Italy- I would be happy to go walking with you anytime-email me!
Emily
mom of Charlie born 11/02

lukkykatt
06-22-2003, 10:27 PM
Not right in Baltimore, but close by in the burbs...

Couldn't do the daily or weekly thing, but if you want to get together to walk occassionally, email me!

PS: I am in the same boat. My youngest just turned 1, and also just recently started sleeping through the night. I always picked napping too!

emmasmama
06-28-2003, 07:48 AM
Alexa,

This is so funny... I just printed out your "basics of bottle feeding" post, because I ended up having such a hard time with breastfeeding and we ended up having to bottle feed... your post was a huge help! But anyway, I went to check out this forum as well and come to find out you live in my neighborhood!

I am also looking for someone to walk with... I don't know many people with kids because this is our first and we haven't lived in Roland Park for very long... Emma is only about a month old right now, so I'm not super organized yet for longer outings, but I would love to have a regular walking buddy in the neighborhood. I feel like I'm in such terrible shape right now from being on bedrest for a short time during the pregnancy and then on restricted activity (no exercise) for the rest... I'm not sure where you are in Roland Park, but I'm at the south end, south of Coldspring Lane, near Alonso's/Loco Hombre (if you are familiar with where that is).

Email me at [email protected] if you are interested :)

Laurie
DD born 5.25.03
Laurie

EDD 6.08.03

Bmore Mom
07-26-2003, 01:57 PM
Hi! We live in downtown Baltimore, also (in Federal Hill). A walking buddy is a great idea!! I am new to this board, but feel free to drop me an email if you'd want to meet up for a walk.

By the way, Emily, I used to live on Stiles Street (and my then boyfriend/now husband lived on Fawn Street). Little Italy is a great place to live!

Francie
mom to Carter 5/03

>Alexa-I live in Baltimore!!! We live downtown, just moved to
>Little Italy- I would be happy to go walking with you
>anytime-email me!
>Emily
>mom of Charlie born 11/02

akc
07-26-2003, 07:40 PM
Hi Baltimore gals -

I still want to get together with y'all, but have had quite the summer so far. We were traveling almost all of June and early July - and then I was ordered to bedrest on account of some complications with my second pregnancy. I'm still off my feet but will be in touch once I can return to the world of the moving!

Can't wait to meet you all!
Alexa

emmasmama
08-06-2003, 03:05 PM
Alexa, I hope everything is alright... I was on bedrest temporarily when I was pregnant and then they decided it was okay just to restrict my activity. I was only on strict bedrest for a week and partial bedrest for about a month, then restricted activity for the rest of the pregnancy, but I thought I was going to lose it. Please email if you need moral support - I know it can be really tough and I didn't even have it that bad!

Laurie
mom to Emma born 5/25/03

kristine_elen
08-16-2003, 10:36 AM
Hi all,
We live in Wyman Park (adjacent to Roland Park) and would be up for walking, too. I hope it cools off soon....
Cheers.

akc
08-16-2003, 11:37 AM
Hi gals -

Oh, I'm so disappointed that y'all are all here ... and I'm out of commission! Well, I suppose you're not going anywhere, so hopefully sometime soon we could walk or get together for a little playgroup (esp since it's about 90 zillion degrees now).

It's been rough going for me - I actually developed a massive blood clot in my left leg at the beg of August. Freaky - I have none of the blood genetic predispositions for it, just unfortunate luck. The clot went from my hip to the back of my knee, so I was really lucky that I got to the hospital b/c it is life threatening - if any piece had broken off, I could have died from a pulmonary embolism or a stroke. It would've been hard to miss - my leg was in excruciating pain and was swollen twice the size of my right leg. I was in the hospital for 11 days and just got home yesterday. Now I'm on blood thinner shots twice a day for the rest of my pregnancy and am on the road to recovery. Still a lot of pain and tough to move, but at least I'm home! Once the pain and swelling resolves, I can move about as normal...just gently. It also has implications for my delivery b/c I could hemorrage if I went into natural labor, so they'll have to induce early. Ah well, could be much worse, I suppose...! It's just so strange b/c it's one of those pregnancy side effects that you read about, but never really think about.

Looking forward to the day I can walk or hang out - Talk to y'all soon!

Alexa

lukkykatt
08-16-2003, 02:07 PM
Alexa, I'm sorry to hear about all the complications you have been having! Hopefully you'll be out and about SOON.

emmasmama
08-20-2003, 03:31 PM
Alexa,

I'm so sorry to hear about the complications - that is so scary! It sounds like you are a real trooper though and they're taking good care of you. Glad you discovered what was wrong before it got any worse! That is one of those things that I've heard about, but just never knew anyone it had happened too.

Walking or a playgroup sounds great when you're feeling better. For now, just relax and take good care of yourself!

Laurie
mom to Emma 5/25/03