PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 6/9-SORRY THIS IS LATE

JulieL
06-19-2003, 05:44 PM
I know that we are almost at the end of this week but I will post for the following.

I ran three times in San Antonio last week. A total of 6 miles in all. Although I run slower than I thought, I was encouraged by my consistancy.

Ok, here is my confession. I ATE LIKE A PIG IN SAN ANTONIO!!!:* My MIL is an AWESOME COOK!!! To my dismay my appetiate increased while I was there as well. MIL made these giant incredibly delicous cookies EVERY DAY!!! I just couldn't say no. Also she makes a mean marquarita (sorry if this is msp). I don't drink, normally, so that put on the calories as well. So here it is, I gained a couple of lbs down there, to be honest about 4 or 5 :'( Even though I did workout it wasn't enough. Obviously I was taking in more calories than I could burn, AAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!! So now that I am back in St. Louis I am bound and determined to take my Texas booty off!!! I'll let you know how it goes.

All in all it was a great vacation. We went to the Riverwalk 2x's, to a water park, we went tubing down the Quatelopa (sorry again about the msp), to a museum and other site seeing. Although we were sad to leave, boy the is definately no place like home. Now that we are home we are preparing to move within a month to our new apartment. So the chaos continues. Hope all is well.

MartiesMom2B
06-19-2003, 08:49 PM
I'm sorry Julie I should've gone ahead and started a post myself. It sounds like you had a great time in San Antonio.

Well my Firm tapes have once again collected more dust this week. This is bad because I spent the money and I have to do them. I will try to get on board next week. I've spent my mornings watching the goings on Bo & Hope on Days of our Lives and afternoons snoozing on the couch with Martie.

I've gotten my 5 pound ribbon at WW. Woo hoo. However I go down more points. :( Time to be diligent about keeping track of what I eat.

I hope everyone else had a good week.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

JMarie
06-19-2003, 11:05 PM
Well, I wasn't all that good last week. Worked out with the trainer twice - and proved to my sister that I'm not a complete weenie! - and used the elliptical trainer three times, twenty minutes each. Went on three walks with Aidan since it was nice outside, but since his baptism was this last weekend (and I was in full-blown PMS...) I ate like it was going out of style. My MIL just HAD to make potato salad for the luncheon and potatoes are my HUGE weakness. I ate at least two helpings, plus the marble-cake-with-whipped-cream-frosting and homemade strawberry ice cream. Oh - I was bad. I'm making up for it - got home this evening from tonight's training session called 'Ab Workout from Hell' and he wasn't kidding. It hurts to cough... Off to try and pick up my son...

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher 01/28/03

celfsh
06-20-2003, 09:31 AM
Ladies, your posts are making me really hungry! LOL! I must have a case of mommy brain here because I honestly cannot remember if I worked out last week or not...I can barely remember if I worked out this morning! Do you guys think keeping a food/exercise diary is a good idea? Does it help?

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

JMarie
06-20-2003, 09:43 AM
I keep a food diary and it is a huge help for me. My trainer really insisted that I keep track of what I'm eating and just had me take this metabolic test to figure out what foods I should be eating. We'll see if it all works - I haven't lost any weight yet, but I have gained muscle. My arms are BIGGER, not SMALLER! So now I have to increase my cardio to a minimum of 45 minutes, five times a week. I might as well move in to the gym...

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher 01/28/03

JulieL
06-20-2003, 10:45 AM
Celeste,
I keep a workout journal. It really helps with motivation, to see where you have slumped off, and what you have been doing. This is good so you know how much cardio or weight lifting you have been doing so you know which you should increase.

celfsh
06-20-2003, 10:52 AM
Thanks, guys! How do your journals work exactly? Is there a certain format I should follow? How can I make sure I keep up with it?

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02