PDA

View Full Version : baggy tummy...

spu
06-19-2003, 06:56 PM
ok, maybe it's because I was pg with twins and gained 50 lbs and had a c-secction, or maybe it's because I've been eating alot of Lindt truffles lately, but does the jiggly baggy tummy ever go away? It's not that my abdomen area is huge, it's just really saggy. How long does it take (if ever?) to tighten up?

susan

twin girls 7.20.02
charlotte & else

JulieL
06-20-2003, 08:20 AM
I'd love to know the answer to this as well!!! But I can tell you that I am not very good at keeping up with my ab workouts, but I am working on doing better. All I can say, I am there as well.

heidi_timms
06-20-2003, 11:08 AM
I have 15-year-old twin half brothers and my Mom is very petite (5'2" with small frame). I think that she gained about 40 lbs when she was pregnant with my brothers. Her skin stretched out so much that she was left with leftover loose skin in the abdomen area. The doctor suggested a tummy tuck, but since she was 40 at the time, she said "oh well, I'm not wearing any bikinis anytime soon anyways".

Sorry, this probably isn't making you feel any better....:(

Twins run in my family (both my Grandmother and my husband's Grandmother had twins!) and my husband was bummed out when there was only one heartbeat at our first OB appt. with DD. We are hoping for twins for next time!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

Tgerson
06-24-2003, 10:50 AM
i've got a jiggly mess also. all i have been told is crunches crunches crunches. once i try it i'll let you know if it works.

mom2kandj
06-29-2003, 01:12 AM
Got the jiggly mess too! I'm trying to lose some weight and then get the tummy tuck. No amount of crunches is going to fully tighten up my tummy(probably because I've been heavy/size 14ish for so long and then had two kids within 17 months). DH has even agreed to the tummy tuck if I lose the weight! :)

I have a friend that got her insurance to cover the tummy tuck because she had "blown/severely stretched out" her abs. Even though she had exercised religiously for a year, her abs never retracted to their original state and were no longer providing her balance with her back muscles. She had moderate back pain that they attributed to her lack of adequate muscle tension in her abs and deemed her tummy tuck as medically necessary and to be covered by her insurance.

I don't think that you sound like you need a tummy tuck, but it is nice to know that if you try to do it right and lose the weight and you still don't get the flat tummy, you might have a chance at a medically necessary procedure. HTH!
Rose
mom 2 Katie (31 months)
& Jack (14 months)

kohlbacher
07-26-2003, 04:49 PM
Jiggly mess here too. I gained 70lbs and had a 10lb8oz baby by c-section. So, not twins, but about the size of them! I am doing an abs of steel for post-pg and starting running again in hopes of the flab going down. I'm hoping exercise and losing the weight helps

mom to Ethan (10 weeks)

amp
07-30-2003, 04:56 PM
Hi kohlbacher...I had a 10lb 9oz baby by c-section, pretty close to the same time as you. My son will be 9 wks tomorrow. People kept asking me if I was having twins! Nope, just one BIG baby :) I don't know if I can ever get rid of the belly flap he left me with, and while I would love for it to go away, I guess it's also kind of a badge of honor, huh?

luvbeinmama
08-14-2003, 01:02 AM
I don't think the baggy tummy goes away completely, BUT...

Try going to an excercise trainer and specifically ask about "core strength" exercises for your stomach muscles. They are not that difficult to do (so says my very fit DH!), not that I've tried them yet, but DH has explained them and they are very simple and don't take much time to do. I do not know how long it will take to firm those muscles back up, sorry!

HTH!