PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 6/16

JulieL
06-23-2003, 10:54 AM
Ok, so I am posting on time this week!

So in San Antonio this last week I ran 3 miles, without stopping!!! While I was in San Antonio from a tuesday to a wednesday I ran 4 times. I haven't run in quite a while so I was so excited to see what I could achieve.

This week I ran 3 miles one day and did my Firm Maximum Cardio Burn DVD 2 times.

I feel good in all. My weight is coming back down post MIL cooking!!! Hopefully in another week or so it will all be gone. I am not sure if I really gained 5 lbs or if that included water weight, who knows. Anyway I am 2 lbs from where I was, not to bad!

Hope all of you are seeing results. From some of the posts I have read it looks like some of you have, YIPPEE!!!

Talk to you soon!

P.S. I just noticed in the past posts that it has been a while since we have measured ourselves, so gals pull out measuring tapes!!! Remember to measure waist, upper hips, and upper thighs!!!

MartiesMom2B
06-23-2003, 11:13 AM
I went to visit my family and we ate and ate. My aunt is a wonderful cook, making homemade baked goods. So yummy. However I must say that I'm proud of myself for not eating as much as I could.

I know that I'm losing weight b/c my transitional clothes (stage 1)are getting big on me.(you know the stuff that you buy so you can stop wearing maternity clothes).

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

celfsh
06-23-2003, 12:19 PM
Wow, ladies, you are all an inspiration to me! Last week, I did the Firm once and went walking with DD 3 times. I also had DH help me with my measurements. I was a little bummed to discover that none of them have changed in the last month, except for my arms, which are actually slightly BIGGER! Huh? They are definitely not as flabby, though, so that is good. This week my goal is to start a diet/exercise journal--any suggestions as to what that should entail are welcome! Thanks!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

JMarie
06-24-2003, 10:57 PM
Okay - I'm getting frustrated. I worked out twice with my trainer and FOUR days of cardio, and nothing is going ANYWHERE! My thighs and upper arms are getting BIGGER! Okay, okay - so I know that I have a tendency to bulk up when I work out, but it's really starting to get to me. I'm just trying to lose weight so I don't have to go and buy an entire new wardrobe, but it's not looking good for me. I'm still keeping a food journal and that is a huge help. I'll also be having my body fat tested tomorrow to make sure it's going down. It's just getting so hard to keep pushing myself when I really don't SEE the results. At least I'm starting to feel better...

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher 01/28/03

JulieL
06-25-2003, 08:10 AM
Jennifer,
Don't lose heart!!! My bet is that you are getting bigger because you are gaining muscle. Remember, muscle is SEXY!!! We all can't have 32" hips!!! So don't get frustrated. Think about how jealous you are making others when they see your buff bod!!! And if you are feeling better than is a huge plus side to working out! KEEP IT UP!!!

JMarie
06-28-2003, 09:44 AM
Okay, I don't really want 32" hips... That's a little TOO small for me. I'd just be happy to get back into my pre-preg clothes. That's my only goal. I can FIT into them, but it's not pretty and certainly not comfortable.

Anyhow, I did meet with my trainer to have my body fat recalculated and it's down SIX percent! Now THAT makes me feel better. He also looked over my food diary and told me I'm not getting enough protein (EVERY time I eat, there needs to be some protein) and not enough fat. So we're completely changing my diet - I have to get whole milk FOR ME - and seeing how I deal with that. I have never, ever had whole milk... I hear it's like drinking cheese...

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher 01/28/03

peanut4us
06-30-2003, 04:22 PM
hi just joining you gals. last weeks i went to curves workouts 5 times and i went for a walk with dd and dh on sunday. i felt great, but i looked at the scale and was very unhappy. so i'm committing to write down every morsel that goes into my mouth!

i lost about 50 lbs 2 years ago and i know that i've gotta exercise AND eat right to be successful! Oh and i'm treating myself to a pedicure after i lose the first 10 lbs!