PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 6/23

JulieL
07-01-2003, 08:33 AM
So this week I did...nothing. Yep, sorry to admit this gals but I didn't do a darn thing. For some reason I was sssoooooo tired last week. So I vow to make up for it this week. We are crazy busy getting ready to move. We start moving in two weekends. We should be completely moved in by 7/20. I was so excited, we are finally going to be able to paint our apartment. We have always lived with white. Well no more!!! I am pretty sure we are going to live at this new apartment for 4 years, at least 2 (we signed a 2 year lease). I told DH if we couldn't get a house till we were 28 then by golly I was going to have painted walls. The landlord has workedd with us on this and I am very excited. My purse if full of swatches, SWATCHES, it's such a wonderful word!!! Ok I am going WAY off the deep end here.

I did try August Mom's receipe for Pork Loin w/Roasted Peppers and Penne. It was a hit, quite yummy. I recommend it!

Look forward to hearing from all of you!

stillplayswithbarbies
07-01-2003, 11:33 AM
I did better this week, I went to Curves three times even though it meant getting up early on Saturday to go and taking the baby with me. I have been back on track with Atkins, except one day this week when we went shopping and ate fast food. Yeah I could have had a salad at McDonalds but I went for the burger instead and I ate the bun too. After that I figured what the heck and had ice cream later that day. But that was only one day. It's really hard to eat right when I am home all day, because the bad stuff is so easy to grab. I am slowly getting it all out of the house, so that will help.

I am concerned that I can't lose weight while breastfeeding. It's probably too soon to make that prediction, but I have been mostly back on track with Atkins for 3 weeks now and have not lost a pound after losing the 3 I had gained. I am still 9 pounds up from my prepregnancy weight, and I am afraid that is where I am stuck. I have 40 pounds to lose to get to my goal weight, I can't be stalled here!

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

MartiesMom2B
07-01-2003, 12:22 PM
I am 10lbs from my pre preg. weight however I'm stll 35 lbs away from goal weight, so I hear ya Karen. I'm on weight watchers and i've seen other nursing mom get close to goal weight. Will weight come off easier after we start giving solids? I need to work out more too, I've gotten flabby. :(

Hope everyone else has been doing great!

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

stillplayswithbarbies
07-01-2003, 01:38 PM
> Will weight come off easier after we start giving
>solids?

I hope so. I'm also hoping that once the hormones start to diminish at 4 months or so that my body will let some weight go. I know I am eating enough calories, so it has to be the hormones.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

candybomiller
07-01-2003, 02:34 PM
All right, I've decided I need to come play here too. I need the accountability, so you guys are now my judge and jury! Thanks a lot, you guys! :)

I started with the "Walk Away the Pounds" dvd on Thursday. Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday I did one mile each day, then I rested on Monday. Wow, I just realized that that's four miles! Go me. :)

I'm not really concentrating on what I eat, mostly because I tend to take it to (bulemic) extremes, and I'm not willing to go there again. For the most part we try to keep healthy food in the house, though I did pick up some snickers popables and just finished the bag. Oh well, at least now it's gone!

How did everyone else do??

Candy
Mom to Matt
5/22/02

JMarie
07-01-2003, 07:36 PM
Okay - went to my two sessions with the trainer and worked on the elliptical trainer three days, half-hour each time. I'm having an easier time with the cardio, but I'm still trying to get up to 45 minutes a pop. I have two more weeks with the trainer and then he's on vacation for two weeks, so we're sitting down to put together sessions I can do on my own. I'm really re-working my diet to cut out the fat-free/low-fat foods and I'm actually having to switch to whole milk - from skim! We'll see how I handle that...

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher 01/28/03