PDA

View Full Version : May I join you all??

millerpjm
07-08-2003, 08:39 PM
Hi...

I was just looking at some of the other boards today, and realized I've never been on this one. Since I need to lose too, I thought I'd introduce myself!

I was going to a weight loss clinic and lost 51 pounds in about 6 months, then got a surprise! I went from a doctor-supervised 1000 calorie diet to needing more calories for the baby. Despite my best efforts, I gained quite a bit of weight in my first trimester due to the increased calorie intake and ended up gaining all 50 pounds back during pregnancy:(. Now, I am about 25 pounds back down and am on Weight Watchers, but I cannot seem to find time to exercise or motivation to plan low-cal meals.

I still needed to lose about 25 pounds before I got pregnant, so I need some support. Also, if anyone has a time management strategy to help me get my meal planning in, I would appreciate some advice!

Jen

Proud mama to Thomas (5 months old)

stillplayswithbarbies
07-09-2003, 10:38 AM
> but I cannot seem to find time to exercise
>or motivation to plan low-cal meals.
>

This has been my problem too. Especially when she was a newborn, it was so much easier to grab a bowl of cereal for breakfast than to cook something healthy. What has helped me now is making extra when I do cook so that I have leftovers for lunch the next day. And buying healthy snacks and getting them ready in the fridge so I can just grab them when I am hungry.

As for the exercise . . . do you have a Curves For Women near you? It only takes 30 minutes three times a week. I have been going for almost 2 years now and I love it.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

JulieL
07-09-2003, 12:34 PM
Jen,
Of course you can join us, as anyone who wants to can!!! So welcome to our little "club"! I know how hard it is to find time to workout. I workout at home at 8 or 9 p.m. Many times I have a hard time motivating myself, but over the last year I have made working out a priority and I feel so great about myself. No I don't look like a super model, but I look and feel the best I ever have. Eating as organic meaning true to nature as you can is best, basically this means real fruit and veggies. I use frozen veggies because of the convienance. And I just rekindled my love for smoothies, fitting for the summer. If you have a blender just toss in frozen fruit (buy it packaged or cut your own and freeze it) and add any fruit juice and/or lite yogurt and wala you have a great low fat, really good smoothie!!! You can lose the 25lbs left and seeing as you have in the past you have a heads start. Although remember than many women's motabilism (? on sp) slows down after having a child so the speed of your weight loss may be slower now. But weight training will help speed it up, any doctor will tell you that!!! We post on mondays what we did the following week. Even saying no to ice cream is a start so post even the small accomplishments! I look forward to getting to know you!!!

MartiesMom2B
07-10-2003, 03:30 PM
Jen:

I'm on weight watchers too. What I do for low cal meals are to make zero point snacks ahead of time. For example I'll make a big batch of the vegetable soup and a big salad. That way I can have more stuff already made that is low points to add onto meals. Also if you get some of the snack baggies you can portion things out when you get them from grocery store. Basically weight watchers is all about portion control. You'd be amazed how much we tend to over eat in the US. If you take some time out on grocery day it'll make things easier.

My motivation to exercise while on weight watchers is to think of how many activity points i'm earning so that i can get something good to eat to fill in the points.

Good luck! Let me know if you have any WW questions.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03