PDA

View Full Version : GRRRRR why can't I stop eating! well, not altogether;)

peanut4us
07-12-2003, 10:41 PM
I work out at Curves 3-4 times a week, but I cannot get my butt in gear to just say no to my daily afternoon ice cream... then the nightly pieces of chocolate, then the salt to follow the sweet, then... oh you get where I am going.

I am so frustrated with myself. I did WW two years ago and lost 40 pounds. And now I am GAINING while doing curves. Somebody, feel my pain. Tell me I can get my butt in gear before it needs its own zip code! Why can't I just get motivated. I know from losing that weight before that I have to exercise and eat right or it ain't gonna happen.

JMarie
07-13-2003, 07:50 AM
I found what really helped me was to keep a food diary. My trainer asked me to do this, and since I had to write down that brownie sundae, fried chicken, and potato salad, it really made me aware of what I was doing wrong with my diet. I haven't yet lost any weight (at least that my stone-age scale can tell...), but I've lost quite a bit of body fat, so I'm happier with that anyway (exercise will do that). It's hard not seeing that dial move, but I know that my clothes fit better, so that's a move in the right direction. HTH.

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher 01/28/03

Edited for spelling...

stillplayswithbarbies
07-14-2003, 02:49 PM
I use www.fitday.com for my food diary. It really helps me to see what my totals are for the day as I go along, so I know when I can splurge or not. Looking back and seeing that I have several good days in a row makes it easier to treat myself to ice cream, or easier to say no if I can see that I have been bad for a few days in a row.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

candybomiller
07-14-2003, 05:23 PM
This isn't really helpful, but remember that muscle weighs more than fat. Maybe you're just adding more muscle. Maybe?

Candy
Mommy to Matt
5/22/02