PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 7/14

JulieL
07-21-2003, 02:58 PM
Well I did workout this week, surprise, surprise!!! I went running twice and probably ran about 4.5 miles in all. It was nice to get some kind of workout in. The move went well, but the stress of it all still hasn't gone away. We are mostly unpacked and things are going ok. What went on with you this last week?

MartiesMom2B
07-21-2003, 06:05 PM
I'm glad the move went well Julie. Hopefully you'll be all settled quickly.

Well, I forgot to go to WW again last week. Ooops. We didn't eat very well in this household - usually take out. However this is the start of a new week. I now have Candy, my workout buddy to keep my working out in check. And have actually walked 4 miles today. I'll post about that next week.

Hope everyone else did well.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

Annette_C
07-21-2003, 08:41 PM
Julie,
Glad the move went well. I hate moving! I still have unopened boxes from 2 yrs ago when I moved into my new house.
Anyway, I was away on vacation last week and the only exercise I did was chewing! ;)
Oh well....like Sonia said, this is a new week and I did a good workout today.
Here are some pictures from our vacation if anyone wants to look at them:
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b3272c2f4506

BTW...I see two postings for week 7/14...is one of them supposed to be 7/7 maybe?

Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

MartiesMom2B
07-21-2003, 09:17 PM
Annette:

I love the pictures from vacation. You all look like you're having such a fun time.

Sonia

JMarie
07-21-2003, 09:38 PM
I did... NOTHING! Okay, I did take Aidan on walks almost every day for about an hour, but they were very leisurely and the heartrate didn't go up much at all. My trainer was on vacation and I have been feeling very down lately - I'm just not losing the flab like I'd thought I would. I'm feeling better this week - hopefully some diet changes and workout changes will do the trick!

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher 01/28/03

stillplayswithbarbies
07-22-2003, 10:35 AM
I was good about exercising, went to Curves three times even though that meant going early on Friday morning since we were leaving to go out of town.

But I have done terrible with eating. When we travel, its just so much easier to eat a burger than to eat low carb. But that's a cop out; I used to do it before. I know it just means planning ahead and taking snacks for me instead of buying a bag of chips.

It's just so discouraging to be doing what I used to do and not lose any weight, so its easier to cheat. Why bother eating right if I can't lose weight anyway? I got used to losing 10 pounds a month or more before I got pregnant, but my metabolism seem different while I am nursing. I just have to change my mindset to realize that staying the same weight is better than gaining and forget about losing for now.

I had cake and ice cream last night! and it wasn't even anyone's birthday so I had no excuse! This is it, this is the line in the sand, from now on, I will not cheat, I will keep my carbs around 50 a day on average. I will not eat an entire Ben and Jerry's ice cream (four servings per container? I don't think so).

I shopped last night and I have steak and asparagus and grilled portobello mushrooms for supper tonight. One of my favorite low carb meals. I had a nice omelet for breakfast and I am about to have ham with cream cheese and olives for lunch. This is a good plan for a low carb day that will end up at around 50 g carbs for the day.

Why am I telling you all this? Because if I tell you then I will have to be good, otherwise I will have to come back here and confess. :)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

MartiesMom2B
07-23-2003, 08:23 AM
Karen:

I hear you about the eating. I don't understand why I can't keep in check like I used to. I've been horrible about grocery shopping and not buying enough fresh fruit and veggies.

OK I'm going to get M dressed now and change into unflattering workout clothes and do the Firm to counteract the effect of chocolate chip cookies from last night!

Sonia

khakismom
07-23-2003, 09:39 AM
Yikes, I hate moving. I feel for ya! This week has not been bad--worked out 5 of 7 days. I find the food journal to be a lifesaver. Otherwise, I know I would be eating way too much. I could probably reduce my calories as it is. But this is only the first week, so I need to give it some time before I see results. Watching Oprah yesterday was very motivational--now I just need to set a long-term goal. :)

...Maureen

Mom to
Kathleen 3/22/01
Ellen 6/4/03

kathsmom
07-24-2003, 07:57 PM
Hi, Ladies!

I know that you all thought I had dropped off the face of the earth, because I have not posted here in a long time. To be honest, I haven't done anything healthy in the last couple of months. No walking, no exercising, eating very badly. I have been just so embarassed by my lack of will-power.

I did get on the scales today. I had lost 4 lbs since last week when I weighed myself. I attribute it to trying to implement the www.flylady.net routines and Emilie Barnes' suggestion (she's an author). So, when Andrew sleeps, I get started working on my house (straightening, decluttering, etc). That way, I am constantly moving and not sitting around munching on his Arrowroot cookies! I am dead tired though, because Andrew is not sleeping through the night - I think it's a combination of teething and growing, because he is always so hungry!

I am hoping to get a routine established that will include exercise of some sort each day. A friend of mine loaned me her 10 year old Baby Jogger stroller, so that will make walking with Andrew easier (I was walking with him in our PP Venezia).

I have a couple of questions and if anyone can help, I would appreciate it. First, when is the best time of day to weigh yourself? I had heard at one time that the best time was in the morning after you have gone to the bathroom - that would give you a true reading of your weight. The last 2 times I weighed was around lunch time. I usually try to weigh in the morning though. Second, I would really like to lose at least 40 lbs. Should I just break this down into chunks? For example, my immediate goal would be to lose 10 lbs, then when I do that go on to the next 10 lbs. When I think of trying to lose 40 lbs (or more), I get so discouraged.

Thank you for any help you can give!

Julie, I am glad your move went well!

MartiesMom2B
07-25-2003, 07:10 AM
Toni! Glad to see you on here again.

I do weigh myself once a week at the same time at WW. So it is more accurate in my opinion. Yes breaking down your goal is a lot easier to accomplish. I.E. I had about 40 lbs to lose. So my first goal was 5 lbs, then 10lbs. I break it down every 5, but break down to whatever you feel is comfortable.

Suggestions to help lose weight:

1) drink lots of water, at least 8 glasses per day.

2) don't stop snacking, exercising, and everything else all at once.. . eliminate/add behavior by the week. If you give take it in baby steps it'll be easier. I'm giving up ice cream next week. This week I;ve made an effort to work out.

I hope this helps. That fly lady sounds great. I should probably start using her methods, I'm sure this place would be a lot neater!

Sonia

stillplayswithbarbies
07-25-2003, 10:55 AM
The best time for me to weigh myself is in the morning when I first get up. I am 3 lbs lighter then than later in the day.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

kathsmom
07-25-2003, 12:42 PM
Karen and Sonia,

Thank you so much for replying to my message! I appreciate it very much! I am just going to try to do this a little bit at a time. That way, I am not overwhelmed. I am going to look into the Curves program in our area, because I have heard such good things about it from you, Karen, and also in articles and from others. Sonia, do you know anything about Weight Watcher's online? I may look into that as well.

I appreciate all your support!

MartiesMom2B
07-25-2003, 12:52 PM
Toni:

My SIL lost 75 lbs w/ WW online. It's great. It's still the same program except you don't go to meetings for support. But you can always come here for support. I believe there are some other WW members on here so we can always give you tips too!

Sonia