PDA

View Full Version : MommyFit gals, I'm having a fit, moving-again-PITSBURG

JulieL
07-21-2003, 10:25 PM
Did you see my post in the Lounge, it looks like I am moving quite unexpectedly to Pittsburgh. We found out today that DH is offered a spot there for the fall med class. Seeing how this is DH"s dream school, looks like we are going. Does anyone know Pittsburgh??? We are flying out on thursday and we have to find a home, this weekend. I know nothing about Pittsburgh, I have never even been there. So I feel totally in the dark, not to mention completely beside myself. We always knew this could be a possiblity but to get accepeted this late in the game, well the odds were WAY OUT THERE, but here we are. Classes start 8/11 and we just moved into our new apartment here in St. Louis this last weekend. I have cried off and on all day, and I am exhausted. I really need some help.

MartiesMom2B
07-21-2003, 10:30 PM
Julie:

I'm so sorry that this has been thrown on you all the sudden. I went to school at West Virginia University which is an hour south of Pittsburgh. I liked going to Pittsburgh. They had good shopping. I don't think housing is too bad, but I don't know what St. Louis housing is like. Hopefully someone out here in the boards can help. Pittsburgh does have alot of suburbs there. I'm sure you'd live in a burb rather than down town. Where did DH get accepted?

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

MartiesMom2B
07-22-2003, 07:28 AM
Julie -

Just wanted to say that I'm glad that you are getting much better advice from those in the lounge than I offered. Good luck with packing.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

JulieL
07-22-2003, 01:14 PM
Sonia,
He got accepted into University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. It is not decided that we are going. This trip out there tomorrow will decide that. If I don't feel confortable it's not happening. Thanks for the support it is badly needed.

Annette_C
07-23-2003, 08:09 PM
Julie,
I'm sorry about this news upsetting you so much. If it does go through, just think, you are already packed (unless you unpacked everything). I know it's not funny, just trying to make you feel better.
Kidding aside, at my age I've learned that not all things that seem negative at the time are bad. In fact, although they are a major turn around in our lives, they could turn out to be a great move (no pun intended) in our favor.
Keep us posted,
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

barbarhow
07-24-2003, 05:20 AM
Julie-for what its worth-I have a friend who was recently relocated from Pittsburg to the west coast. She is a mom to 5. They loved Pittsburg and she was dragged away, kicking and screaming. I will try and connect with her but am sure that there is someone on the boards who willbe able to offer reassurance and location advice sooner. Have you posted this on the lounge?Good luck to you. I have complete empathy for your moving and packing woes as we just sold our house-quicker than we thought possible and have no where to go...
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03