PDA

View Full Version : Just had to share...

DDowning
07-29-2003, 07:59 PM
I had my six week post-partum visit today. I had gained 49lbs during my pregnancy. Imagine my shock and suprise when they weighed me today and I had lost all but 1 lb of it! Of course, my body is not tone and I'v got the sagging belly but the weight is gone! Woo-hoo! I've been walking a lot every day in the mornings and I think the b/f-ing is helping. My diet surely hasn't changed but I'm still happy with the results!

Now, if I can just lose another 20lbs.........

houseof3boys
07-29-2003, 10:08 PM
I am so jealous. I gained 48 pounds and still have another 15 to go! I had a horrible recovery and stayed in the house until about 4.5 weeks post partum and didn't do an ounce of exercise. So now that it is scorching hot here I have no interest in walking outside. We are managing to get out and about everyday to do errands and shopping. I think if I lift the infant car seat and the stroller in the car for another month I will be buff since it is so heavy for a weakling like me :-)

I really want to wear my pre pregnancy clothes!!!!

Congratulations on losing the weight so darn quickly. Keep up the great work!

Edited for one handed typing errors.

stillplayswithbarbies
07-29-2003, 10:31 PM
awesome! wonderful! Isn't that a great feeling, to have the scale going down and not really be doing anything to make it happen?

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

MartiesMom2B
07-30-2003, 06:59 AM
Awesome. Yes, I think breastfeeding takes off a lot of weight quickly. I still have 8 lbs to go for my pre-preg weight.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

stillplayswithbarbies
07-30-2003, 09:52 AM
I have 9 pounds left and it's just not budging. I gained 28 with the pregnancy, lost 16 with the birth, and then another 3 right away, but this last 9 is hanging on and on. I think because I am breastfeeding my body is holding on to a fat reserve.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

kohlbacher
07-31-2003, 03:07 PM
Wow! That's great. I think I had lost almost 30lbs by my 6 week appt. (And baby can account for 10.5 of that). But I gained a whopping 70 (and 11 more pounds with the pg before that didn't last). Breastfeeding isn't making the weight drop off for me. But exercise is helping to do the job now. I'm so envious!!!!!