PDA

View Full Version : Posting for week 7/21

MartiesMom2B
07-30-2003, 06:57 AM
I think poor Julie is still in the midst of her Pittsburgh trip so I'll post for last week.

I lost a little more weight at my weigh-in at WW and have almost lost 10 lbs. Hooray. 30 more lbs to go for my goal weight. However I'm thinking, fellow WW, if I just get into my weight range I must just stop there and try to lose more after becoming a lifetime member.

I did move a little more last week with taking a walk in the park and doing the Firm. I've decided to incorporate working out in the morning by putting on unflattering looking work out clothes that I would never want to be seen in public so that I have to work out and shower before putting on decent clothes.

I hope everyone else had a great week last week!

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

kathsmom
07-30-2003, 08:10 AM
Well, unfortunately, I gained back 2 lbs of the 4 that I had lost. I was at my FIL's this past weekend and with Andrew meeting most of the family for the first time, his lack of sleeping the first 2 nights, I just ate like a pig!

I did take a walk with the kids through the neighborhood while visiting my FIL and I took Katherine to the mall one day and traipsed all over it. So, I guess that is my only exercise for the week. :(

I am hoping to do better this week. Sonia, I am going to check out WW online. Thank you for telling me about it!

stillplayswithbarbies
07-30-2003, 09:50 AM
I did okay this week. I lost 2 pounds, but it's the same 2 pounds I keep gaining and losing! I did go to Curves three days last week. And I ate better. Except for the oatmeal cookies my husband made. Right after I finished baking low carb ham and cheese muffins, he said "leave the oven on, I want to bake cookies". arrrgggh. So of course I had to eat some.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

khakismom
07-30-2003, 10:35 AM
Congrats Sonia! 10 pounds lost is awesome! I am thinking of joining WW also. Would you guys recommend it? I'm not having any problem on the working out part--Ellen eats around 4, and so I just hit the gym right after to start my morning, and it works really well. My problem is food--I love it! And I love to eat a lot of it. I need to learn portion control. Plus the other thing is that instead of trying to lose the weight by eating healthy snacks, I eat low-fat or fat-free versions of junky-type food; when I need to be eating fruits and veggies for snacks. AGH! So frustrating. OK, so I guess my question is this: is WW really helpful, would you recommend it? Thanks!! :)

....Maureen

Mom to
Kathleen 3/22/01
Ellen 6/4/03

MartiesMom2B
07-30-2003, 11:32 AM
WW has been the only thing that has helped my husband to lose weight. It really is a lifestyle change like they say and you definitly learn about portion control and a healthier way to eat. Before I got pregnant I was on the program too and felt so much better. DH has a family history of obesity and heart problems so I want him to be around as long as possible so that's why we started. Now I'm in it to lose weight and get healthier again. So yes, I would recommend it.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

khakismom
07-30-2003, 12:41 PM
Thanks for your feedback Sonia! I just got off the phone with a close friend who has lost 18 pounds in 10 weeks at WW. She was giving me the low-down on the point system and she said the same thing--that you really learn to eat healthier and keep everything in the proper proportion. So I think I will be signing up tomorrow morning! :) And thanks so much for posting about your success--it is sure motivating!! :)

...Maureen

Mom to
Kathleen 3/22/01
Ellen 6/4/03

JMarie
07-30-2003, 09:11 PM
I went to the gym three times and did a lot of walking with Aidan on the other days. I'm still working on improving my diet - I don't eat nearly enough protein for working out - but I really feel better about myself. Now we'll just see how I do this weekend when I'm on vacation!

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher 01/28/03

kohlbacher
07-31-2003, 03:02 PM
I lost 2 lbs. Which means . . .I'm down exactly 40lbs since my highest pg weight!!! I gained 70 when pg with him however, and 11 more with m/c right before, so I still have a ways to go. I joined our local activities center and worked out for 40min today and yesterday. I'm having to pick workouts that let me hold my baby however - unless he sleeps. I do the recumbant bike for 20m, the recumbant stair machine for 10, and the rowing machine for 10. (The rower is the only one I can't hold him on).

Mom to Ethan 5/16/03