PDA

View Full Version : Im seriously depressed

liya
08-04-2003, 09:38 AM
Well as you all know ive begun my weight loss regime...And so far those first 3 pounds were it...Im dying here...ive tried everything on my own and i still dont know what to do..My pounds arent moving...!!!! Im excersizing im eating right...WTF is the problem....Seriously girls im getting so depressed..On the week end a friend of my sister said"oh boy linda, you sure packed up the pounds...Stop eating" it was sooo rude but seriously i cryed all day....And yesterday when i weighed myself i had gained 1 pd... Hello ive been doing nothing except excersizing(not weights though) and eating what i should eat going by caloric intake with a nutritionist....Im begining to feel as if this weight will never come off....Im getting desperate and im thinking i need some more help or a booster...I havent tried any of the fad diets out there...no Jenny Craig, no nothing but i dont know how they would work either....

Can anyone help me out!!! Id be willing to do anything to get into my clothes again...im still using maternity clothes...my size 8s dont fit..and i refuse to purchase a whole wardrobe of clothes of a bigger size....:(

peanut4us
08-04-2003, 12:01 PM
I feel your pain too. I haven't lost a pound despite exercising. But i have lost some inches around my waist, although it's nothing that will get me into the next size down.

And as for buying more clothes, I have worn the same freaking skirt and blouse to church since DD was born because I refuse to buy a new outfit that I'm determined I won't be able to wear for long.

Argh. I have 3 sizes to drop to get back into my good clothes.

I have just started doing weight watchers again, and I am writing down every last little morsel that goes into my mouth. Maybe that is something you could try? Also, drink water like a fish. Any one else got suggestions?

kathsmom
08-04-2003, 01:08 PM
Linda,

I am in the same boat that you and Joey are! However, my DS is 10 months old! He has had a lot of problems sleeping through the night and nap times are especially rough, so I am just exhausted all the time. I did read a magazine article that stated it was harder to lose weight if you did not get adequate sleep. Linda, I know you have been under a lot of stress lately with Arian's medical condition. Is Arian sleeping well? How are you sleeping? Joey, I know that you and I both have been doing Weissbluth and I am hoping that it will be better soon for you and for me! (I am e-mailing you about what the ped's nurse said!)

I know that I am not exercising or eating right, because I have been so tired and my 7 year old DD has tons of energy! School starts for her next week, so maybe she can work all of her energy off at school and DS and I can get some rest during the day!

I think this forum is a good place for all of us to support each other! I hope that we can all find something that works for us!

Take care!

MartiesMom2B
08-04-2003, 03:32 PM
Hey ladies can you slide over in the canoe? I'm hopping in too.

Linda, girl you know I feel your pain. I do have to say that Weight Watchers has helped. According to their scale I've lost over 10 pounds. I'm still jiggly everywhere though. Come and vent with us. We'll give you support.

Oh also have you tried anything with weights? That to transform fat into muscle plus weight training also burns fat after you are done working out. JulieL posted about taking a measuring tape and taking your measurements. This may help you to feel that your body is improving despite what you see in the mirror.

Hugs!!

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

liya
08-04-2003, 04:09 PM
This is the problem...i used to be an aerobics instructor and when i do weights my body is huge!!!! i mean i turn fat into muscle in no time, BUT!!!, i dont loose any weight and i dont want to end up looking all big and yucky...i know i need to loose weight before i get into the toning thing again but nothing is helping...Im thinking of joining WW though i dont know if it would help....i dont want to loose weight fast i just want the normal ratio of 1pd to 2 pds per week...And if i would notice some inches coming off..But trust me nothing is coming off here except my HAIR from all the pulling and crying because of this weight thing...

its horrible how everyone says oh yeah after you give birth and nurse a while your body will come back like that(snap)...YEAH RIGHT!!!! How false is that!!! Its such a horrible misconception...sigh....

Ok i called WW and im going to a meeting tommorow night....My nutritionist is not working for me at all...WW does anyone know ppl that have had absolute success with them....?? I mean by december i need to be a knock out!!!

peanut4us
08-04-2003, 11:30 PM
Actually, I am starting back on WW too. I joined in Aug of 2000 and dropped 40 pounds by the following March. I was very strict with myself about their plan and I worked out 4-5 times a week. And at the time, it seemed so easy.

So keep a positive attitude, and I will too, and you and I will both be knock outs by Christmas time!

friedmana1
08-05-2003, 10:29 AM
I have been using WW for the last 6 weeks to get off the last ten stubborn pounds after DD, and it has definitely worked! Only three more to go! Try it LIya, and a bunch of us can give you support/tips about sticking to the points.

Aimee

Mother to Leah 10/26/02
http://mystudio.kiddiekandids.com/home.asp

khakismom
08-05-2003, 10:53 AM
Liya, right there with ya sistah! I lost all my pregnancy weight plus some, but was overweight to begin with and want to lose about 40 pounds--which just seems like such a HUGE number! It's very overwhelming. I just joined WW last week and have my first weigh-in on Thursday. MIL was in town last week so it was hard to keep working out and stay on points--*and* it was my first week when you are supposed to be so motivated! How depressing is that?

Keep your chin up and let us know how we can help. :)

...Maureen

Mom to
Kathleen 3/22/01
Ellen 6/4/03

emmasmama
08-06-2003, 08:11 AM
Can I just tell you that I think that is the rudest thing I've ever heard! It makes me so mad when people have no ability to empathize... everyone's body is different and I'm floored that people think that they have the right to say things like that. It's weird because I've found that people seem more comfortable with being rude because I've gained weight being pregnant vs just gaining weight. It's like because it's pregnancy weight it should be easier to lose? Hello? Just because some women's bodies spring right back like rubber bands doesn't mean that's the norm. Sorry I'm ranting but you should not feel bad about yourself because of one person's insensitivity.

I think that people see all these celebrity moms who have personal trainers and personal chefs who lose the weight in 2 or 3 months and it starts to seem like that's normal. Hello? I mean, besides the fact that these women have an entourage of people helping them lose weight, they also have nannies and personal assistants, so they can put much more of a focus on getting their figure back. And to top it off these are people who started out with God-given naturally good figures. I mean, Sarah Jessica Parker, what is she, in her late 30s and wears like a size "0"? Of course it was easier for her to bounce back than an average woman - she's NOT an average woman!

I'm definitely feeling overwhelmed too because I still have about 30 lbs to lose to get back to my pre-preg weight and I was overweight to begin with. I have a 10-yr high school reunion in November and a wedding in January... arggghhh... I don't even want to think about it! And if my DD would just sleep maybe I would have the energy to get on a real work-out schedule! I'm thinking about WW too... even though I think I'm being good with my eating I probably don't have it exactly right with how many calories I should be taking in.

So, this is one last thing that may or may not make you feel better. I have a good friend who is much like me and has never been really "svelte", who finally lost the weight from her first pregnancy, but she said that even though she got off the actual lbs, her pre-preg clothes never fit again. Everything was different - her hips, her boobs, etc. She actually looks fantastic, but she just doesn't wear the same size anymore and it's been two years. Not sure if this is any consolation... don't be so hard on yourself though - it sounds like you're really motivated - you will totally be able to do it!

Laurie
mom to Emma born 5/25/03

liya
08-07-2003, 12:45 AM
NEWBIE WW LETS FORM A GROUP IN HERE AND SUPPORT EACH OTHER!!! OLD WW GROUPS CAN JOIN TOO!!! i need all the help i can get and im sure you all need it as well...I need supports total support here and if WW is the way to go then gosh darn it ILL DO IT!!!! I want to nooky comfortably...i want to go dance once in a blue moon(lol....when sis takes care of Arian) and wear my tight clothes again.....

I WANT TO BE PROUD OF MY BODY AND NO LONGER DEPRESSED!! ok saturday is my first meeting so all of you beware...All joining WW report back next week you results....Old WW are welcome..and we will see what this WW puppy can do ;) lets put it to a test and by DECEMBER lets see if we atleast have 30 nasty pounds off us!!!

ARE YOU WITH ME!!!