PDA

View Full Version : Posting Week 7/28

MartiesMom2B
08-04-2003, 03:39 PM
I still haven't seen our cheerleader, Julie around so I'll start last weeks.

Hooray ladies I have lost over 10 lbs at my WW weigh in. I am now accountable to Candy as my workout buddy. It's fun to have someone to talk to about working out. I didn't say the working out is fun, just talking to someone. I've also started Flylady due to Toni's suggestion and I think that works in keeping me moving around the house. DH loves the fact that the house is the cleanest and has maintained the cleanest since we've been together.

OK ladies I'm going to let you in on a secret. My goal is to get to lifetime in a year. I've changed my goal to be right within my weight range. My goal before that was my high school weight, and I don't know if that is going to happen. Anyhow my goal is to get to lifetime in WW and work there part-time. I don't think I could become a leader, but I think I could at least support people doing weigh-ins.

Hope everyone had a fabulous week!!

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

kathsmom
08-04-2003, 04:06 PM
Sonia,

That is so AWESOME! I am so proud of you! Do you have to get to your goal weight in a year to be a lifetime member? What are the privileges of being a lifetime member? Maybe I need to get off my lazy behind and get on over to WW!

The only exercise (and the "funnest") I have done this week is to dance my behind off with my Katherine for about 45 minutes. She wanted to spend some time with just me, so after Andrew was in bed, we went in the sunroom and put on some CD's and danced, danced, danced! We had a blast and DH even got a kick out of it when he saw us! I have decided that right now this is the most fun exercise activity, so I am going to keep it up for awhile. I know that I have to do more, but I get a little aerobic activity and get to spend time with my daughter! Whew, how did I ever have the energy to go dancing for hours on end when I was in college?LOL!

Sonia, I have been doing some of flylady and some of my own stuff. We are really doing the 27 fling boogie around here! We are having a yard sale in 2 weeks. So, anything that hasn't been used, worn, is not beautiful, or does not make us smile is going out the door! Katherine is even getting in on it! We have told her that she gets to keep the money from whatever she sells! I have also joined the Yahoo group started by Amy (daisymommy) for organizing. It's called Get Yourself Organized. I think that will be good to have, since I personally know people there and can post questions to the group!

Take care and congratulations on the weight loss!

MartiesMom2B
08-04-2003, 10:14 PM
Toni:

I did sign up for the Yahoo group, but I'm the type of person who needs to stick to one thing while its working and so I left the yahoo group under the fear that I would go nuts with 2 organizational coaches.

To become a lifetime member you need to reach your goal weight and maintain it for 6 weeks. After you become a member I believe that you come back to meetings for free.

Sonia

PS - Dancing is an awesome way to move around. I've tried dancing with Martie, but she likes it better when I dance for her.

khakismom
08-05-2003, 10:45 AM
Sonia...

Congratulations! Fabulous accomplishment! I did join WW last week and have my first weigh-in on Thursday. I feel better already by eating healthier. Some days I did great. Others were OK, but I'm still working out almost every day (3.5 miles power-walking plus weights), so we'll see how it goes on Thursday. Your accomplishment gives me strength! :) Thanks for posting it! (I know that if I lost 10 pounds, I'd be telling everyone! :)) Congrats again!

...Maureen

Mom to
Kathleen 3/22/01
Ellen 6/4/03

memedee
08-05-2003, 12:37 PM
I love weight watchers.
I also lost 10 pounds and have a weigh in thursday
I am really good most of the time but I do have a little problem with the cool whip.
Any way my absolutely fave thing is the "giant fudge bar"
it is only one point and it is good!!
Are you having the dinners?
What are you eating?

MartiesMom2B
08-05-2003, 12:56 PM
Dori:

I don't really eat their dinners anymore now that I stay at home. I was a big fan of their pocket sandwiches though. I have a few weight watchers recipe books that I usually make dinner from.

Sonia

khakismom
08-05-2003, 02:48 PM
Congrats Dori! Way to go! I occasionally eat the WW or Lean Cuisine dinenrs--love 'em. But that's usually only when DH is out of town and I'm not cooking. My fav is the fudge bar too. :) Also, what I love are the gardenburger brand veggie, black bean etc burgers. With salsa--yummy!

...Maureen

Mom to
Kathleen 3/22/01
Ellen 6/4/03

MartiesMom2B
08-05-2003, 02:58 PM
I love boca burgers. Also have you tried a slim-a-bear. They are great and made from the same people as klondike.

Sonia

khakismom
08-05-2003, 03:06 PM
I *just* saw the ad for the Slim-a-Bear today while at the gym. :) Glad to hear they're yummy! I will have to check them out. I found Skinny Cow's new cookies and cream bar last week at the grocery and they're not bad. But IMHO the best are the Healthy Choice Premium Fudge bars from Costco (I can't find them in my regular grocery store, just Costco's). They're 2 points but oh so creamy and delish! (Can you tell I love them? :P) LOL

...Maureen

Mom to
Kathleen 3/22/01
Ellen 6/4/03

lizajane
08-12-2003, 04:16 PM
you should have told us at mommy group! way to go!! i am so excited that it is working for you, and i can vouch for your friends who haven't met you- sonia looks great!! :)

let's go walking soon.

liza

MartiesMom2B
08-12-2003, 08:28 PM
Yes let's go walking!! I need to and I had so much fun walking with you.

I've gained some of that weight back. I didn't change anything except for starting the minipill. My leader confirmed that that was probably the reason. Stupid hormones! Luckily I'll be off it at the end of the month (not taking it for BC reasons)

Sonia

JulieL
08-13-2003, 01:29 PM
So sorry I haven't been on in a while. We were having difficulty figuring out why our computer wasn't letting me post. For over a week I haven't been able to post. We e-mailed Denise and Allen and they really helped us out. Our anti-virus system was to high, or something, and it kept me from posting. This week I worked out 5 times and really had a good week.