PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried the South Beach Diet?

luvbeinmama
08-14-2003, 01:05 AM
DH read it over, and I'm starting to read it. Seems sensible and seems to work, so we're going to try it starting in September. Anyone try it? Or have any input on it? TIA!

kristine_elen
08-15-2003, 04:07 PM
Hi, I hope you get some responses to this. I just took the book out of the library (not sure I wanted to buy it before reading to make sure it wasn't totally loopy). I'm a vegetarian, though, so I'm not sure how I'd go about following it. Anyone out there have thoughts on the diet?

emmasmama
08-20-2003, 03:43 PM
I haven't tried it either, but DH and I were interested in it. We have been pseudo-vegetarian for over a year (just eat seafood when we have "meat"), so not sure if it would work for us either.

DH said he thought it sounded kind of like Atkins, because it was low-carb, but the carbs you do eat are complex carbs. Is it anything like macrobiotic? That's what we were doing before I got pregnant and I lost 10 lbs without barely trying, but that went right out the window once those preg cravings kicked in!

Laurie
mom to Emma 5/25/03

emmasmama
08-20-2003, 03:46 PM
Kristine, what did you think of it as far as working for vegetarians? Esp if we eat seafood?

Laurie
mom to Emma 5/25/03

masblooms
09-02-2003, 06:17 PM
My brother has lost over 50 pounds so far on it.

emmasmama
09-09-2003, 06:08 AM
Holy...!!! How long has he been doing it?? That's great!!

emmasmama
09-09-2003, 06:09 AM
Luvbeinmama - have you started doing it? What do you think so far?

luvbeinmama
09-15-2003, 07:04 PM
Sorry, haven't started yet, but I just went on a throwing up/bowel purge diet and am 10 lbs down from when I last weighed myself. I wouldn't recommend it though! LOL!! I will start before the month is up, though (I promised myself I would!). I will let you know when I start... and how it goes.