PDA

View Full Version : Boasting Post: What is your favorite part of your body???

JulieL
08-19-2003, 01:34 PM
Ok, I know we all have eaten that extra cookie, even though we weren't really that hungry. Yes, we all have upped and downed (is that correct grammer, whatever!) on the old scale. Yep, most of us have stretch marks, and if you don't keep that info to yourself so I don't unintentionally start to hate you!!! So I saw the downer post about that ol reflextion in the mirror. Now what do you see that you like??? Come on now, boast a little, it's not all bad!!!

Me, well my favorite part of my body that God has so lovely made for me is my butt. Yep it's a little rounder than most, except for our African American friends. I definately have that: I love big butts but I can't deny, kind of butt. Butt, he he no pun intended, my DH has always loved my bootie and I do too. It is strong and round, yeah I do love part of myself!!!

Don't be shy, what do you love about yourself. Bare it all, figuratively speaking!!!

JMarie
08-19-2003, 08:49 PM
Okay, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my hair. Right after Aidan was born, I cut off over a foot, but DH always called it 'shampoo-commercial-hair.' It's thick, dark, wavy, and getting back to 'commercial' length. I have more products for my hair than shoes in my closet - and I have a LOT of shoes...

As far as an actual BODY part, I gotta go with the calves. I was a gymnast as a child and I've never lost the sculpted calves - except during childbirth when I swelled up to twice my size!

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher 01/28/03

COElizabeth
08-19-2003, 09:55 PM
Well, I haven't seen Julie's bootie :), but I can vouch for the fact that Jennifer is not exaggerating - she does have absolutely gorgeous hair. I am so jealous of people with thick, wavy hair!

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

MartiesMom2B
08-20-2003, 02:39 PM
Right now I must say my chest. Even though I feel like a milk cow some days, I love having that extra oomph and having cleavage for the first time in my life.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

kathsmom
08-20-2003, 02:55 PM
OK, I am going to say my eyes (they don't gain or lose weight!LOL!). They are big and brown. I also like my wrists - they have always been nice and thin. My fingers are long, and they used to be thin, but they have gotten bigger around since having Katherine and Andrew.

My DH will say that he likes this "dip" I have in the small of my back. No matter how much weight I gain or lose, it is there and he loves it!

That's about it!

mamahill
08-20-2003, 03:32 PM
I'll go with shoulders. Pre-pg I would have said waist, since with minimal effort I had at least a 4-pack. Not so anymore. My shoulders/delts are my next easiest area to maintain.

DH would say my a$$ - he maintains that it isn't a butt, it's a "fine a$$." I call it my ghetto booty. Oh yeah, I've got dumps like a truck, or whatever those ridiculous lyrics were...

khakismom
08-20-2003, 04:42 PM
Thinking, thinking... :) OK, it would have to be my legs. They are very long (I am 5'11) and pretty muscular from playing soccer for 12 years. Of course, the thighs need a little help, but for the most part, the legs are pretty nice. My long legs and my thick, curly hair are what most people comment on.

A 4-pack, Sarah? I'm very impressed! :)

...Maureen

Mom to
Kathleen 3/22/01
Ellen 6/4/03

Annette_C
08-20-2003, 09:45 PM
In my younger years, I liked a LOT of my body parts: legs from doing dance aerobics for many, many years; butt for being hard and lifted from all my leg raises; stomach for being flat and toned; shoulders & arms for also being well toned; skin for being blemish free and smooth; face for "chiselled" features (NOT my description but others') and big, brown eyes with long eyelashes; and finally my hair for being long, thick and black as midnight.
These days, all I have left is my hair! :)) TG, at least, it's staying black!
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

houseof3boys
08-20-2003, 09:48 PM
Until I lose the baby weight, I'd have to say feet for now. I still manage to get a pedicure every 3 weeks! It is my time to myself and DH stays home with the cutie.

Edited for one handed typing errors :-)