PDA

View Full Version : So sad....Dr Diagnosis said why im not loosing

liya
08-19-2003, 01:49 PM
So i did start my regime when i stated i would and i did my Portions well and i kept on either staying the same and 2 weeks gained weight...I decided to go to the DR and have it checked out since it wasnt normal..I mean i have to loose 45pds and i have to begin now so by Christmas i would be a new woman....He sent me for some labs and it seems i may have a thyroid problem...Just what i needed...sigh...Now we have to get that controled before anything can be done with my weight...i tell you this sucks i have spent days crying about this and not about the problem but about the fact that i have to see myself FAT for a longer period....!!! Honestly sometimes im even afraid my husband will find a skinny woman that gets him turned on more than i do(heck i dont evne turn myself on) and leave....I know its shallow thinking but heck, it has happened to many others before...

Im just so scared to be FAT!!! For the rest of the years to come...

JulieL
08-19-2003, 02:04 PM
Liya,
You are not alone, so many women had a thyroid problem. Do you have hypo or hyper thryroid??? My step mom has hypo and my sister in law who is only 16 has hypo too. So I can sympathise. You CAN get this regulated. Yah, it may take a little longer, but know you know why you are not loosing. I can't stress enough about weight training ESPECIALLY if you are hypo meaning your metabolism is too slow. Muscle incresses your metabolism any doctor would agree with this. So if you are hypo hit those weights girl asap!!! You've got to reve up that engine, so to speak!!! we all are here for you!!!

aggie202
08-20-2003, 03:52 PM
I can totally sympathize with you. I found out I was WAAAAAY hypo a few months into Weight Watchers and fertility treatments. Not only did I drop an extra 15 lbs NO SWEAT (seriously--it melted off) but I finally got pregnant! Now, I did have quite a bit of assistance with the pregnancy bit BUT my system finally regulated itself for the first time in years.

I'll bet that you find yourself losing weight more easily once you start your meds and get that TSH regulated. I don't know about you but I hadn't realized just how crappy I'd been feeling--I got used to the symptoms and just thought I'd turned into a really cranky person!

I was just glad that there was a source for my J. Lo posterior, unpredictable cycles and generally unpleasant personality--and that it's all fixed (well, some might argue the personality).

Hang in there and start eyeing up those clothes the next 2 sizes down!

liya
08-20-2003, 09:19 PM
OMG really....wow you just described me perfectly....to the dot....

Annette_C
08-20-2003, 09:58 PM
Linda,
Please don't be so hard on yourself. I have a thyroid condition (hypo). It was discovered a year after my DH#1 passed away because I was having all kind of problems.
Now, all I do is take one litle pill early in the morning and all is well.
I had this prior to getting pregnant with Sabrina and had NO PROBLEMS at all during and after pregnancy. It also does NOT effect the fetus/baby.
BTW...I was able to keep my weight in check during all this because I've always worked out so, I guess, my metabolism never got too slow.
I'm sure you can do it too! Don't despair....all you need is determination and....perspiration! ;)
We're here for you!
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

liya
08-21-2003, 10:26 PM
thanks Annette...im going to my check up tommorow....And this is my solemn promise...by this time next year watch the 40pds be melted away!!!

alkagift
08-22-2003, 03:58 PM
Linda,
I'll second everyone else's statements. Although I'm hyperthyroid, and the situation's different, I will tell you that fixing it is not bad if you're hypo and it will make you feel SO much better after it's all regulated. You may have to try a couple of different medications to see what will work best, but it will be great!

Allison
Mom to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03