PDA

View Full Version : Getting Rid Of The Tummy

elvisfan
08-21-2003, 12:54 PM
Does anyone have tips for getting ride of a post pregnancy tummy? Please share here........

Annette_C
08-21-2003, 11:03 PM
That's a tough one!
You can try doing any/all the normal abs toning moves (like, sit-ups, crunches, etc). That will strengthen your muscles and help it contract.
If you have extra pregnancy weight, though, you have to diet and do some cardio to burn those calories off.
Also, give it some time since the body will start doing its own job at contracting the loose muscles...especially if you breast feed.
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

JulieL
08-22-2003, 12:54 PM
My tummy isn't as flat as it was before I was pregnant, but I don't work it out as much as I should. But, it has gone down a WHOLE ton. Last summer I had a upper waist line of 31" and now it is 25", my lower waist was probably aroun 37" and now it is 29" (around the belly button). Although I want and will work to get it tighter, I found losing over all body fat helped a ton. You can;t actually spot reduce. You can tone the muscles, but if fat is covering the muscles you won't see it. So I would second doing some cardeo. I have a great ab workout by The Firm series that I like a lot. Hope this is a little helpful.