PDA

View Full Version : Weight Watchers: WW has revamped its program

MartiesMom2B
08-21-2003, 05:49 PM
If you are a member of WW go to your meeting this week. I went tonight and learned about the new flex points program. Its awesome for motivating you to work out, its very forgiving for pig outs. I can't wait to see if this works better. What do you think of it?

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

khakismom
08-21-2003, 09:52 PM
Sonia, I went today but they were only hinting about it--as they've done for a week or two. They said that we would learn about it next week. And I'm dying to know more! Can you give me a "sneak peek"? :) Thanks!!

...Maureen

Mom to
Kathleen 3/22/01
Ellen 6/4/03

MartiesMom2B
08-21-2003, 11:32 PM
Maureen:

I'll tell you all about it. Instead of having a points range you have a points target. From what I understand you don't bank like you did before and you get an extra 35 points per week in addition to your points target. You can eat all 35 in a day if you'd like or you can spread them out. When you have activity points you have to use them that day or they are lost. The new cards are going to have exercises on them and they will tell you what your activity points are for the day.

And journaling is different too. It looks like a check register now and you put in how many points you have for the day and just subtract what you eat and add in any activity points. And then they have a quick tracker too, where you just write down how many points you have instead of writing everything out.

It sounds difficult but it will make sense at the meeting.

Sonia

khakismom
08-22-2003, 09:45 AM
No, you explained it great! Are you excited about it? It sounds pretty cool and much easier that the program now--if that's even possible. :) Thanks so much!

I've been meaning to mention about that adorable picture of Martie! What a cutie! She looks like she is getting so big--with those eyes and that sweet little smile! :)

...Maureen

Mom to
Kathleen 3/22/01
Ellen 6/4/03

MartiesMom2B
08-22-2003, 10:21 AM
Maureen:

Thank you so much. You are so sweet. I love you avatar too. Is that Kathleen? I love how you have made the picture look like she glows.

Sonia

jubilee
08-23-2003, 11:17 PM
I am joining weight watchers again and am excited about the new program! Actually I am a lapsed Lifetime member, and recieved a booklet in the mail about the new program. It sounds more realistic than before.

peanut4us
08-24-2003, 12:06 PM
i just started last week too. and the program seems great. i love the extra 35 points... but i'm thinking i shouldn't spend them all at once each week. And i love that my target is 10 points higher thanks to bfing! My first weigh in for weight loss is on Tues. Wish me luck.

parkersmama
09-11-2003, 11:43 PM
How's it going? I just joined again (lost approx 50 lbs between Wesley and getting pg with AmyG doing WW). I've never done it with the nursing points and it just seems like I'm eating way too much to lose weight! I've been trying hard to eat them all but it's tough some days! Just interested in hearing from someone who's doing it!

MartiesMom2B
09-13-2003, 10:19 AM
Denise:

Make sure you eat those points. When I didn't eat enough, I didn't lose weight. I did lose when I made sure that I had enough w/ the nursing points.

It does seem like a lot. I don't even feel like I'm dieting.

Sonia

KathyO
09-14-2003, 01:49 PM
How soon after the birth do some folks join? My husband, who is not obese but definitely carrying some extra on the tummy, has offered/suggested that we could join WW together after this baby is born.

I think that's a great idea (easier to implement the eating routine when we're both doing it), and I am loath to discourage him from the weight loss himself (family history of health problems) plus I really would love my old body back... but I am a little intimidated by the idea of embarking on this when just getting through the days and nights postpartum is an endurance event.

Nursing moms - how soon after baby's birth did you join, and how easily did it combine with the other demands of new-motherhood and toddler care?

Thanks,

KathyO

MartiesMom2B
09-14-2003, 08:36 PM
Kathy:

I joined 10 weeks afterwards after DH's prompting because he wanted to start. I think its easy to follow the program, especially because of the 10 extra points you get for nursing. The problem that I am having now is going to the meetings. DD has taken to screeching and making noises so its hard to bring her, so I'm going to start doing the online Weight Watchers.

I find follwoing
Sonia

parkersmama
09-15-2003, 07:16 AM
I didn't start back until 4 mos postpartum but that's because it took me that long to get my resolve up. I've done plenty of "dieting" before where my heart wasn't really in it and I ended up failing. I didn't want to do that so I waited until I was really mentally prepared to succeed. Sonia's right that it doesn't even seem like dieting because the 10 extra nursing points add so much! Dh is doing it too but vicariously through me. I go to the meetings and get all the info and he does the points along with me. We both lost a good bit of weight before doing it this way. I gained back all my weight being pregnant with Amy Grace but Craig only gained back about 10 lbs. so he doesn't have much to lose this time around.

parkersmama
09-15-2003, 07:18 AM
Thanks! I've been eating them and I did lose 3.8lbs my first week. It just seems like I so often get to the end of the day and haven't eaten all my points! I'm really not eating the flexpoints at all! I'm sure that'll change as A.G. starts eating solids and I start losing weight and dropping in target points! LOL!