PDA

View Full Version : Yoga recommendations ONLY!!

mamahill
09-11-2003, 08:36 PM
First, I'm only talking videos/DVD. I cannot afford to go to a studio.

Second, I'd like to recommend Total Yoga (can be seen at http://tinyurl.com/n2s8). It's about a 50 minute workout that I rarely do all of. Today I did 45 minutes. The final 5 minutes involves a pose I really don't enjoy - where you're basically inverted, lets in the air, standing on your shoulders. What I really like is that they show varying degrees of flexibility, and explain what each pose is good for (strengthening the back, promoting blood flow, opening the chest, maintaining structural alignment - am I car? - etc.). This was/is my only yoga tape and I think it is a fantastic beginner/intermediate tape. Oh, and when I did it before I got pg, I noticed a DRASTIC improvement in my flexibility, sleep, and overall mood. Not to mention it made some extracurricular activities with DH more fun... ;)

I've entertained the possibility of jumping on the Rodney Yee bandwagon (he was on Oprah, so why not?!). The main thing I'd like is the DVD option right now. I do not like that my tapes are... well... tapes.

So hit me with your best shot. Oh, and I also have a couple Pilates tapes, but that is NOT what I'm looking for here. Thanks!

jec2
09-11-2003, 10:29 PM
I actually don't use yoga tapes/dvds but go to a studio. I can ask my instructor if she has any suggestions about any that are good and let you know if she comes up with any.

Edited: In the meantime, you might also check out the videos at www.yogajournal.com. While they are videos, maybe there are some that look interesting for you and you can check to see if they are sold elsewhere as a DVD. As far as I know Yoga Journal is a quality yoga resource.

Annette_C
09-11-2003, 11:42 PM
Sarah,
I use Collagevideo.com a lot. I also get their catalog and it helps since it has detailed descriptions of the workouts. Plus, it has a breakdown (in minutes) for each session and a "staff favorite" recommendation.
I don't do yoga (I'm more into the kickboxing, advanced aerobics & toning workouts) but I see the section on yoga in every issue.
HTH,
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

MartiesMom2B
09-12-2003, 03:37 PM
I have Gaim videos and have decided that I don't like them. She goes over everything too quickly and changes poses too often that I can't keep up.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03