PDA

View Full Version : What is your weakness?

mamahill
09-12-2003, 04:27 PM
For me, it's chips. Doritos, namely. I haven't met a Dorito I didn't like. I can't even BUY them anymore because I used to thinking the big bags (rather than the smaller ones) would be more economical and I could use them for DH's lunches. Let's face it though, few of them ever made it into the lunchbox.

For my mom, it's cookies. When it's hot like this, though, I turn from chips to ice cream. So I actually bought the only light ice cream I can tolerate (Dreyer's French Silk). But these cravings are just not helping me get toned.

So what's your craving/weakness/Achille's heel? I know you have one... (two? three? come on)

JMarie
09-12-2003, 04:38 PM
Oh, I have lots, but here are the big offenders...

Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream (cookie dough and mint cookie)
Anything chocolate
garlic mashed potatoes
Pop-Tarts (strawberry frosted)

Okay, so my list isn't all that bad, but I've realized I just LOVE the 'bad' carbs - the starchy, sugary kind. I'm trying to switch to the 'good' - high fiber - kind, but they just don't taste as good.

A friend of mine was joking that if you only like the taste, you should just take a bite, chew it up, and spit it out. Ew... I think my garbage can would be full by lunchtime!

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher
01/28/03

amp
09-12-2003, 08:46 PM
Cheetos
Sheridan's Chocolate Concrete (frozen custard) with Oreos
Pizza
Cheese

peanut4us
09-12-2003, 08:53 PM
My DH worked with a woman who would do that... especially with Krispy Kreme donuts. She would take a glazed, take a huge bite, chew it, then spit it out in the garbage... He was always so grossed out. Evidently she wasn't a nonsloppy spitter.

Annette_C
09-12-2003, 10:56 PM
Great question, Sarah!
I LOVE food in general (I think that's why I like to cook so much) but sweets are my weakness! Examples:
Dark chocolate; cheese cake (not the plain kind); rum cake; and all kids of italian or french pastry.
If I ever went on a low-carb diet (seriously), I think I would die of starvation!:)
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

AngelaS
09-13-2003, 06:23 AM
Pretty much anything sweet---cookies and ice cream especially. :)

JulieL
09-13-2003, 09:40 AM
CHEESE, AH THE POWER OF CHEESE. I can eat cheese on most meals and not to mention snacking on it between meals! Also love chocolate, but don't keep it around. DH and I both have problems with sweets, it they are in the house we both will eat them in one sitting!!! Another no no is loading up my coffee w/sugary delights (marshmallows, sugar, epresso mix and so on!) But cheese is the worst and we eat a lot of it in our meals. I just try to eat moderately instead of banning it!

MartiesMom2B
09-13-2003, 10:11 AM
Cheesburgers, cheeseburgers, cheeseburgers. And not those skimpy little things from the fast food joints. I'm talking big, fat, and juicy dripping with cheese, sauteed mushrooms, onions with a big old side of fries next to it. Yes fries are a weakness too (never had that weakness until I tried the Adkins plan).

Another favorite of mine is Sushi, but that's pretty low in fat.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

houseof3boys
09-13-2003, 02:02 PM
I think I probably have one for every letter of the alphabet, let's see...

Avocado
Breyers Mint choc chip ice cream/Ben and Jerry's Pistachio ice cream
Cheese cheese and more cheese
Doughnuts
Elephant ears (not a weakness, but I was trying to come up with an "e")
Fudge

I think I'm going to stop since I am making myself hungry!!!! But really the ice cream and the cheese are my *biggest* weaknesses.

lukkykatt
09-13-2003, 10:12 PM
I love love love doughnuts! I could probably easily eat 3 or 4 at a time if I let myself (never have had that many at a time, but COULD). I am also a big time ice cream fan!

BTW, mamahill - have you tried Baked Doritos? I think they're really good too :)

JMarie
09-14-2003, 10:21 AM
I used to LOVE the Cool Ranch 3-D's, but I can't find them any more - only the teeny-tiny ones in those travel containers. My trainer told me to eat those if I ever got a craving for chips. Of course, they're not so good for you when you down the entire bag...

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher
01/28/03

amp
09-15-2003, 02:18 PM
Forgot about cheeseburgers and fries. Wendy's could possibly be the death of me! Luckily, DS doesn't always make it easy for me to get out of the house and cruise through the drive through like I used to be able to before he was born!

luvbeinmama
09-15-2003, 07:09 PM
Annette, I am so with you on the dark chocolate and cheesecake!! Especially orange or raspberry with dark chocolate... :9

khakismom
09-16-2003, 10:58 AM
Andrea, I'm right there with you with the Sheridan's! I love that place! However, custard is lower in fat than you might think. :) Custard's Last Stand at 119th and Switzer even has a 99% fat free version that's very yummy!

MartiesMom2B
09-16-2003, 02:17 PM
Andrea:

I love getting a Wendy's Combo #1. Wendy's is the only fast food place I'll eat at. Chic-Fil-A is good too, but its not everywhere.

I used to eat at McDonald's until my dad told me some information on them.

Sonia

khakismom
09-16-2003, 02:22 PM
Sonia, I'm dying of curiosity. Is the McDonald's info something you can share? :)

mamahill
09-16-2003, 03:51 PM
:o What's wrong with McDonald's? I have recently fallen in love with their McNuggets. I've had them maybe twice in the last 2 months, but honestly, I think they are DIVINE!! Perhaps any information you can share would help break me of this habit? (or perhaps just make me resort to closet eating...)

mamahill
09-16-2003, 03:54 PM
I like them ok, but they aren't the same. I don't know what it is. They ARE good, but they aren't the real thing (in my opinion). I do like the 3-d's and totally forgot about those. Hmmm, maybe I'll have to steer that way next time.

Seriously though, I'm reading all of your posts thinking, "Me too!... wait, that's one of mine too!" So apparently ALL food is my weakness. Grrrrr...

KathyO
09-16-2003, 04:14 PM
Let's see... cheese (extra old cheddar, or Dubliner), dark chocolate (the Lindt 70% stuff - mmmmmmmm), ice cream, scotch, white wine, did I mention dark chocolate??? Creme caramel or creme brulee, butter tarts, and of course, dark chocolate...

Sigggghhhh....

KathyO

amp
09-16-2003, 05:06 PM
I just KNEW it had to be good for me! LOL! When I was in my 2nd trimester, and I hadn't gained much weight, I gained 10 lbs in 1 mth because DH took me there about every other day!

MartiesMom2B
09-16-2003, 09:03 PM
I'm not sharing unless you really want to know. I don't want to ruin anyone's McDonald's. Maybe it would be a good thing. If you really want to know PM me and I'll tell you.

Sonia

jojo2324
09-18-2003, 09:23 AM
Gee, thanks Sarah. I was at KMart yesterday after reading this thread and saw some Doritos.

I now have two bags on my counter. Along with a tub of chocolate pudding, and a tub of rice pudding. x(

Basically, my weakness is anything that will give me a trillion cavities AND calories in one sitting. No use being inefficient! :P

Sonia, I am soooooo emailing you. Mickey D's cheeseburgers have been calling my name this whole pregnancy.