PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 9/8

JulieL
09-15-2003, 08:52 AM
I had a decent week. I speed walked 3 miles one day. Then I did a Firm tape, and yesterday I ran about 3 miles. So it went pretty good. I do have something good to report, I lost 2 lbs!!! So that makes me happy. I know an at what I think is my perfect weight. A few years ago I would have strived for lower, but where I am at now is a good and reasonable weight for my body.

GOALS: I want every one to post one reasonable goal you want to achive, in the long run or just for the week.

I want to work out my abs three times a week, go away flab!!!

I FEEL SEXY WHEN: I want every one to post something here, whether silly or not. When I wear that black bra... , When I get a new hip hair cut..., When I wear that pair of stilettos... and so on.
Have fun with this!

I feel sexy when I wear matching underwear!!! (sigh don't have to many pairs, it's called a tight budget!)

Hope all is well with you!!!

MartiesMom2B
09-15-2003, 12:56 PM
I think extreme makeover has zapped me into motivation about exercise. I've either done most of a tape or a walk a couple of miles.

Goals: To get back on track with my eating. I don't really want to diet, I just want to eat better. For example, I'd like to really eat 5 fruits and veggies a day.

I feel sexy when. . . I get all dolled up for a dinner with my hubby.

How did everyone else do this week? I can't wait to hear!

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

AngelaS
09-15-2003, 02:07 PM
I did pretty well last week: I did 2 or 2.5 miles on the Nordic Track 5 days last week. :)

GOALS: To excercise 6 times this week. I lose something over the weekends when I miss two days of excercise. Maybe if I just skip one, Monday's won't feel like I'm completely starting over.

I FEEL SEXY WHEN: I wear my matching bra/panty sets. I have three. I bought one after working out consistently for 4 weeks and the others a couple of weeks later. They were my reward to myself for excercising. :D

khakismom
09-15-2003, 05:01 PM
You rock Julie! Congrats on being where you want to be. I think I am on my way. There has been something different about my mentality during this whole thing, different than before when I would "try" to lose weight, but never really did anything. I think the main differntiator is the workout time. I am literally addicted now--if I don't go, I can feel it all day. I am sluggish and majorly tired!

As for my last week, it was pretty good. I logged 14 miles walking and running. But not good with food--I actually took a pass at last Sat's weigh-in because I didn't want to face the scale. This week is the opposite. So far, not so great at the gym, mainly because DH is out of town. And going while lugging both kids? Forget it. So I will be doing my Tae-Bo tapes instead. But great at food. Now I just need to get the good eating together with the good working out! :)

GOAL: To lose 8 pounds by 10/10 when I have a family get-together.

I FEEL SEXY WHEN: (this is a hard one :)) For me, it's when I have a good makeup day. When I look in the mirror and my coloring is sympatico with the makeup I put on--if that makes any sense! :)

Congrats to everyone who is moving!! :) Keep going girls!

mamahill
09-16-2003, 10:40 PM
Ok, told myself I wasn't going to post until I had something good to say (not "I worked out once and then ate a bag of chips - the size you get at COSTCO"). So, here goes: I did the Firm twice and Yoga twice.

Goal: To work out at least 4 times a week - need a flat stomach and a not-so-flabby behind.

I feel sexy when... I wear my yoga pants (a la Gap) and a little tank top and DH walks in. He enjoys pretty much any kind of stretching.

I'm so excited to be joining you - I've seen you checking in, and it has been great motivation to get off my a$$ and get moving. Thank you!

stillplayswithbarbies
09-17-2003, 01:15 PM
I didn't have a very good week. Yesterday for breakfast I had a piece of apple pie. But that's because hubby is out of town and he usually makes my breakfast and I didn't have time so I just grabbed something at the bakery in the train station. (afterwards I noticed they now carry Nutrigrain bars. duh that would have been a better choice)

GOAL: to work out three times a week. My excuse that the gym was on summer hours and closing early no longer applies.

I FEEL SEXY WHEN: my husband says he likes my haircut 'cause my hair is "flouncy". :) (I'll remind him of that the next time he sees the bill for the hairdresser)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

jubilee
09-17-2003, 01:58 PM
I joined weight watchers 2 weeks ago, and I've lost over 6 pounds!! It's been a long time for me to get motivated, but I really want to get back to my pre-preganancy weight. GOAL: to start with, lose 16 pounds total, so I have 10 more to get to my first goal... not bad. What makes me feel sexy: when my husband compliments me. Anyway, I just wanted to check in and say I've finally gotten off my butt!!

lukkykatt
09-17-2003, 02:00 PM
I had a pretty good week. Most importantly, I am making an effort to put my pg and nursing eating habits behind me (the doctors were bugging me to gain weight while pg, so I just got into the habit of eating a bunch of crap just to pack in the calories). And nursing? Just always made me want to eat - especially ice cream! So all that is behind me, and I am getting back to eating like a healthy person again!

I did do some cardio 2x this week, yoga video 1x and Abs of Steel 1x.

My goals are to continue trying harder to make better food choices and to increase the Ab work!

I feel sexy when I make the effort to wear a nightie to bed (as opposed to a giant t shirt and boxers!)

I hope that everyone has a great week!