PDA

View Full Version : Two embarassing questions ...

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
09-16-2003, 01:28 PM
Hi,
I have two embarassing questions, both related to sex (didn't know where to post these...)

1) Does anybody have a problem with dripping milk while having sex? If so, what do you do about it? There's nothing more unsexy than dripping milk all over your husband in the middle of some romance!

2) Also, ladies, how long until your period resumed? Today we were fooling around, and I noticed some bleeding. It has been very slight, not at all like a period. Again, nothing like some blood down there to take the mood away. Brandon is 8.5 weeks old, and I guess I assumed I had until he was about 6 months old until my "friend" resumed.

Thanks....

parkersmama
09-16-2003, 02:03 PM
I haven't had the dripping milk problem but I do know that it's very common! I guess you should keep a washcloth handy. ;-)

As for your period...with my oldest it came back around 4 months and with my middle child it was around 6 months. I haven't gotten it back yet this time (she is 4 mos old) but did have some slight spotting a week or two ago that I don't know what it was all about! As far as I'm concerned, that old "friend" can stay away for good!! LOL!

MartiesMom2B
09-16-2003, 02:14 PM
I haven't had milk drip to my knowledge while having sex, but I have heard of it. I just wear my sexy nursing bra (eyeroll) during sex.

I haven't gotten my period yet, although I did have some bleeding when I got my IUD put in. Maybe its just some spotting and it'll go away soon. Definitely use some protection though if you don't want to get pregnant. Breast feeding is not a sure fire method for contraception.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

JulieL
09-16-2003, 03:05 PM
Ah, the milk spilling. Yes I do remember this annoyance. Oddly enough I think it bothered me WAY more than my DH. I just wore a bra and put in pads in it. And I wouldn't wear my normal nursing bra. I went to Target and got a DD size normal bra that was black, kinda fun (much better than the nursing bra - double eyeroll!!!). I am on Depro Vera and haven't had my period for 2 years now so I can't help you there. But I do second Sonia, make sure your using something to keep from getting pregnant, nursing is not the answer. By the way you can use Depro Vera (the 3 month shot) while nursing, that's what I did and am still on. So you are not alone.

lizajane
09-16-2003, 07:45 PM
ds is 6 months old next week and no sign of "the curse." and I DON'T WANT IT!!! i am going to be so sad when it comes back. it has been so nice to be without it for over a year.

AngelaS
09-18-2003, 05:33 AM
Ah, the dripping milk....how well I remember that! Heck one night, I SPRAYED all over.....wasn't pretty, but oh well. LOL :D Sooner or later, it will cease. :D

With A, I didn't get my cycle until she was 10 months old and with G I didn't get it until she turned 1! :D I think I'm blessed!

jojo2324
09-18-2003, 09:17 AM
Hee hee, I only had milk drip once. It suddenly was very warm and I was like, "What the...?" Then we figured it out. But it was just a little bit. I think this is totally normal.

As for AF, she returned to me 7 months PP. And breast feeding is most definitely NOT a sure fire contraceptive method. I only had my period three times before this one came along. (Though I am LOVING not getting my monthly visits! :D)

missym
09-19-2003, 04:00 PM
I also seem to be much more bothered by the milk thing than my husband. Sometimes if I press on my nipples for a little bit, the dripping stops.

I had a 3-day period at about 2 months, and nothing since. Yay!

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03

ginalc
09-21-2003, 09:40 PM
Good questions! :)

1) Wear a special (sexy) bra. The support will help control letdown. After baby is 3-4 months, this should no longer be an issue. Supply/demand is more in sync at that point.

2) The small amount of bleeding may be from trauma against the cervix and other healing tissues. Takes many months for everything to heal completely. If it happens again you should just call your healthcare practitioner to see if you should be checked out. Chances are there's nothing to be concerned about, but it's better to ask when in doubt!

gina, mom to 3

sunny2003
09-27-2003, 10:39 PM
Instead of a nursing bra during sex, I wear these silicone breast pads called lily padz - www.lilypadz.com - got them at www.kidssurplus.com - and they work pretty well. If you are engorged, they can leak.

HTH!

Viv
Mommy to Kayley born on 4/28/03