PDA

View Full Version : Varicose vein sufferers?

jojo2324
09-17-2003, 11:08 AM
These things are killing me. Just doing the dishes sometimes is a battle. And lugging my chunky monkey around ain't helping either.

BUT one thing I've heard to combat them is walking. This seems counter-intuitve to me, since...well, they hurt when I am upright, you dingbats! But I guess it's worth a shot. Gman always calms down when we go for strolls, and it wouldn't hurt my flabby rear to get locomotive one of these days. Besides, it can't hurt with delivery of Little Miss looming.

Does it really help? (Say yes, please, even if it doesn't...I get winded doing the slightest thing.)

stillplayswithbarbies
09-17-2003, 01:04 PM
I don't know about the varicose veins, but exercise will help you to have an easier delivery and recovery. :)

For all my talk though I have become a complete slug. My car wouldn't start this morning and my first thought was "oh good now I don't have to go work out today".

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

luvbeinmama
09-17-2003, 05:54 PM
Yes, it should help a bit... the contracting muscles helps the blood keep moving instead of pooling in those veins.

My mom also says to try this for a bit (not sure how long... 15-20 minutes?) every day: lay flat on your back with your butt up against a wall, legs sticking straight up in the air against the wall. It gets the pressure off those veins for a bit each day and helps them recover a bit. Hey, you could get a bit of reading done while doing this, too!