PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 10/6

JulieL
10-13-2003, 08:34 AM
Good morning gals!

First of all I want to say I am very disappointed in the number of gals who posted last week. Come on and post even if you did nada! How can we encourage you if we don't hear from you???

I had a good week. I worked out three times, The Firm. And I also got some good walking in as well.

I am so excited. I just bought a new cook book at Sam's Club. It's a Better Homes and Gardens The New Dieters cookbook. It's packed with receipes that are all low fat. And man oh man was my mouth watering while I flipped through it! I'll let you know how they turn out!

Well I must go. Anthony and I are meeting some moms at the zoo this morning! Yeah, more walking!!!

Talk to you later!

peanut4us
10-13-2003, 10:08 AM
I had a mediocre week. I'm doing WW, and I stayed on plan until the weekend (it was those darned cinnamon raisin scones!). In any case, I'm back on track today!

I also had DH pick me up that Leslie Sansone walk away the pounds DVD set. I will be starting tonight. DH and I talked about our evening schedule last night, and tried to figure out how I can still work out. (Are there any other working mommies on this forum that have figured out how to get exercise in?) In any case, I am going to work out 4 times this week, starting tonight. Wish me luck!

khakismom
10-13-2003, 11:11 AM
Sorry, Julie! I was one of the ones MIA last week who didn't post. No excuses...

Anyway, after being off-track for a few weeks, I am back to the program! Worked out 5x last week--running/power-walking, plus weights alternating upper body one day, and lower the next. I did about 20 miles total last week. And, inspired by you, I took a core conditioning class 2x. It was a killer--all it did was emphasize that I have weak, weak, weak ab muscles. I am hoping to do it 3x this week.

As for when to work out, Joey I too am a working-outside-the-home mommy and the only way I can work out is to go in the AM before the kids and DH are up. I set the alarm for 4:45 and hit the gym as soon as it is open at 5. (When Ellen was waking up for a feeding at 4, I would feed her and then go to the gym.) I'm back at home by 6:30 AM, shower, and then get the kids ready. Or, sometimes I go at nite--either to the gym after dinner for the 30 minute ab class and DH watches the girls, or for a walk with my girlfriend after my kids and her kids are in bed.

It's hard, really really really hard. It took me a long time to get in the habit of it. But now that I am, it's almost second nature. Of course, now if only the scale would start moving... :)

Hope everyone had a great week!! :) Thanks for everyone's support!

JulieL
10-13-2003, 01:32 PM
Yep, I know the feeling of where's the time! I work part time out of my home, but I work when my DS is napping. So the only times I can work out are late evening, after 8:00 p.m. and on the weekends while he naps. It takes a LOT of effort, especially when your tired and your messy house is screaming at you to pick up SOMETHING and put it away! So it's not an easy routine, but it's one I have kept up for over a year. Chin up, it's worth the work! When you start seeing that muscle definition, you know why you did it!

AngelaS
10-13-2003, 03:09 PM
I worked out 5X---on Friday I went three miles on the nordic track, which is a personal best. I had a couple of really bad eatin' days tho...

JMarie
10-13-2003, 08:41 PM
I'm guilty of not posting in quite a while. I really injured my left shoulder and cannot even pick Aidan up - it has really got me down. I was able to get back to the gym twice and use the elliptical trainer, but no upper-body workouts. My doctor told me it's a pulled muscle, so it's just a matter of letting it heal, but it is SUCH a hard area to let rest! Hopefully I'll be better soon!

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher
01/28/03

Annette_C
10-13-2003, 10:16 PM
I've been MIA also because I was in Disney World the week before last! We did a lot of walking there but also a lot of eating.:(
Last week, I wasn't able to work out because Sabrina was sick for an entire week and I had too much to catch up on at home.
I started working out again today but I need to diet. I'm getting so upset at myself for not being able to do it again as I did it before....maybe it's my age...
Anyway, I hope others are doing better than I am.
P.S. Jenn, I'm so sorry you hurt your shoulder. I hope you feel better soon, sweetie!
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

JulieL
10-14-2003, 08:27 AM
Just walk it off!!!:P

On the more serious side, I hope you heal quickly and are back to your normal self soon! Sometimes I sleep on my shoulder wrong and feel sore the whole next day. Your absolutely right, it's a bad place to be sore. Who can stop moving their shoulders!

Glad your back!

JulieL
10-14-2003, 08:28 AM
Annette, I am so jealous of you! How wonderful to go to Disney World! Did the trip go well?

Welcome back!

MartiesMom2B
10-14-2003, 09:24 AM
I've been a slacker. Sigh. We had Mary over last week, but I don't want to blame my slackness on her. But I'm also in the midst of packing for our big move in two weeks. Excuses excuses!!

Ladies I'm afraid I'm going to need some major encouragement to work out. I saw some pictures of me at church and I was shocked to see that I don't look as thin as I thought I did. I'm at my pre-preganancy weight, but definitely not my pre-preg size. I used to work out at the gym all the time. I know if I stuck with the Firm I'd get some of it back. The good thing is that our new place is right next to a nature trail. DH and I have been talking about taking early morning walks.

On the bright side I have been cooking using my weight watchers recipes.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

liya
10-14-2003, 12:52 PM
I cleaned today....LOL in 2 hrs flat a whole house....that has got to count for something and last week i lost 4 pds!!! YAYYYYYY...Im trying to get motivated and buy a stroller this week to go walking with Arian around the block cause his walking in driving me insane and i cant do anything(the firm) here at home or else he will be on the opposite end of the room..LOL Ill post on friday when my nutricionist appt comes up to see how its gone this week..

peanut4us
10-14-2003, 03:57 PM
Pictures are so motivating! We just got pix developed from a few weeks ago when my mom and grandfather were here. And seriously, I looked at the pictures in shock. I mean, I knew that I needed to lose some SERIOUS weight, but I had no idea that I looked that bad.

But since then, I have been doing good on WW and lost 5 pounds. Of course, I had a meeting today... lost 2 pounds (yea!) and then went to lunch... where for some reason I decided that the FLAUTAS looked good. Only to come back and check for Flautas points. Holy COW! I figure lunch was 30 points. OUCH. So it's veggie soup city for me tonight. And a lesson learned about flautas!

MartiesMom2B
10-14-2003, 03:59 PM
Congrast on the weight loss! I can never make it to a meeting, I need to sign up on WW online.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

lukkykatt
10-14-2003, 08:10 PM
Glad to see so many people responding!

I have good and bad to report. We were on vacation and I ate and ate. BUT, I also worked out 2x while on vacation! I know this doesn't seem like much, but I have never worked out once on any vacation ever. So my exercise is starting to become part of my regular "routine".

Off now to work out! Thanks gals - I think I would have stalled a while ago without you!

Annette_C
10-14-2003, 11:01 PM
Thanks Julie!
Yes, the trip went well and we had a good time. Sabrina especially liked the characters and the parades! She got a cold, though, and the last two days there were spent not doing much.
We still managed to do quite a lot considering she's only 15 mo old.
Hopefully, we can do this every year!:)
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02