PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own a good treadmill?

sbirmantaz
10-28-2003, 09:04 AM
I am hoping to get a treadmill for the winter and was wondering if anyone could recommend some to look into. Thanks

McQ
10-28-2003, 04:03 PM
I have a Pacemaster and I love it. It's well made and runs great. Now if I could just use it a little more often...

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

pumpkinpie
11-02-2003, 10:29 PM
I have a Vision 9500 treadmill with the heartrate feature. It's great--it was about $1500 (MSRP is around $1800), but it is quiet, stable, and after owning it for almost a year, is holding up well to two adults walking and running on it regularly. I did a lot of research, and found that the recommendation is that if you want a treadmill that will last with frequent walking (and especially running), you should look to spend at least $1000. Go to a fitness store and try some of the treadmills by True, Pacemaster, Vision, and see which ones you like.

hlo
11-02-2003, 11:16 PM
I second the previous poster's comments. If you're simply looking to walk on your treadmill, a lower end model will suffice. If, however, you want to run on it (and hope for it to last for more than a year or so), you'll need to spend at least 1K. We tried a bunch & ended up going with the entry-level True (I can't remember exactly what we paid but it was about $1500). I LOVE it.

sbirmantaz
11-03-2003, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I know it will be worth it to spend at least $1000 to have one that lasts. Now, the second thing is to make sure I use it! Thanks again