PDA

View Full Version : Having issues with my rear end...

todzwife
10-28-2003, 02:44 PM
Ok, I know I am only 3 weeks post-partum and I shouldn't worry about my weight. I have actually lost 24 of the 30 pounds I gained during pregnancy, but I started off a little heavier than I intended...Anyway, when I got married I was a size 4. I am 5'2". When I got pregnant, I was a tight 6 or a comfortable 8. Well, I went to Wal-Mart to find a pair of pants the other day. I just wanted ONE pair that wasn't my husbands or my maternity stuff. I thought I would try on a 13/14. What the heck! I couldn't even zip up the freaking pants! And no, my belly isn't all that big anymore, it's my butt! Waahhh! I know my hips spread and stuff, but when will they go back? (probably never-huh?)I can't wait until I can start working out again. I know that will help a lot. Ok, maybe I should have posted this in the bitching forum...

mamahill
10-28-2003, 04:25 PM
I cannot stress this enough - do NOT try on "regular" pants for at LEAST 2 months. At that time I couldn't even fit into pants that were 2 sizes larger than my "big" pants, but my maternity pants kept falling down. Here's the skinny - not only may you still be packing some weight, but your bones have TOTALLY shifted. I realized this when I went to put on a pair of maternity jeans at 1 week post-partum and they were tighter than when I had worn them to the hospital.

Don't even stress out about it. Worry about memorizing every millimeter of Dallin's face. Focus on your milk supply and getting rest. Make sure you're eating a balanced diet and drinking LOADS of water.

Your behind will deflate. I promise. This coming from one who suspects that song "Baby Got Back" was inspired by herself...

todzwife
10-28-2003, 04:45 PM
LOL! Thanks Sarah! I guess it's a good thing DH's "theme song" is "I like big butts!" At least he isn't disappointed with my "new" figure. :)

jenniferdcforum
11-02-2003, 09:14 PM
Don't forget, your pelvis spread while you were pregnant, which means...your hips spread! You'll shrink back some as your whole area reseats itself (sorry, I couldn't resist ;) ...but it took 9 months to get there, give it at least 6-9 to see where you're at before you get discouraged.!