PDA

View Full Version : South Beach Online

mattysmom
10-30-2003, 10:58 AM
I finally made the decision to do South Beach diet, thanks to all of your input and I'm going to start on Monday. I'm enjoying my last days of free eating! I bought the book, but was curious if anyone used the online service to keep them on track and accountable. I feel like I need to be held accountable and it will be difficult for me as my husband won't be participating with me. Any input? Thanks!

stillplayswithbarbies
10-30-2003, 12:13 PM
I use www.fitday.com to keep track of what I eat.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

egoldber
10-30-2003, 12:38 PM
How do you do custom food? I ate soup for lunch today that I made myself, but I have no idea how to input something like that!

stillplayswithbarbies
10-30-2003, 02:17 PM
For something like that, if the recipe doesn't have the nutritional stuff listed, I go to a future day and enter all the ingredients as if that is what I was eating that day. Then I get the totals, and go back and type them in the custom food. When I am all done, I delete the ingredients from the future day.

You'll still have to use a calculator on some of the things and write them down since it doesn't total the vitamins and minerals for you. Or at least I have never found a way.

Or you could try to find something similar in their list of foods and use that, if you think it will be close enough.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

mattysmom
10-31-2003, 08:04 AM
thanks for the info on this site - i had fun inputting what i ate yesterday and i definitely think it will help keep me more accountable for what i eat (like the 10 tootsie rolls i had yesterday!)