PDA

View Full Version : 10/30 menus for today

cchavez
10-30-2003, 01:50 PM
Well, I started the day w/ a cheat. I took my bc pill and a One a Day Weight Smart Vitamin before I ate breakfast. I have never taken these vitamins but thought they could help w/ the weight loss. Well, I was giving DS his morning bottle and I thought I was going to throw up! I quickly put him down and I reached for the first bready thing I could find. It was one of the homebaked cookies I made for DH last nite!

Anyway....
Breakfast: one italian sausage
snack: Ross caramel peanut bar.....tore up my stomach!
lunch: tuna salad w/ mayo and chopped egg on one slice of low carb bread
snack:Atkins endulge ice cream bar
dinner: pork loin w/ salad and ranch dressing
PB on slice of low carb bread

late nite munchies: pepperoni w/ mozarella, most of another Aktins ice cream bar, one small tootsie roll, a few shock tarts

yeah! the candy will be done tomorrow!!!

stillplayswithbarbies
10-30-2003, 02:14 PM
I have been tempted, and won, twice today. I usually pack my lunch but we didn't have any leftover meat last night, so I had to go to the cafeteria. We have a great cafeteria. I got my meat, asked for no potatoes, and walked right past the pumpkin walnut bread. And then after lunch was a retirement party for someone, and my first thought was "ooooh cake!", but I went and didn't have any cake.

So far today:
breakfast - 4 eggs scrambled with some onion
snack - 2 celery sticks
lunch - 3 egg whites, 3 slices colby cheese, flank steak, broccoli with butter, 1/3 cup cantaloupe
snack - 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, string cheese

I don't know what supper is going to be. The guys have a scout meeting tonight, so they will grab something on the way and I am all on my own.

edited to add dinner: chicken fingers and onion rings. Total carb count for the day: 61

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

22tango
10-30-2003, 09:58 PM
Oh well...wouldn't you know it, we went to the pumpkin farm today (lovely almost 70 degree sunny day!) and I succumbed to a caramel apple. My rationalization is that it's my FAVORITE food at this time of year and I'm not likely to have another one until next year.

So here's my tally...
Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled with cream cheese, scallions, & topped with smoked salmon + tea
Lunch: tuna salad (tuna, mayo & capers) stuffed into lettuce leaves & a bacon, hard-boiled egg & spinach salad w/ vinaigrette
Snacks: mozz sticks, pecans + that D@#$%N caramel apple!
Dinner: I was sooo tired & hungry...threw together some deli turkey & swiss with mustard rolled with lettuce leaves. Still low energy & grumpy so DH gave me 1/2 glass of fresh pressed apple cider (from the pumpkin farm) to cheer me up a bit.