PDA

View Full Version : ab videos

ktdid74
11-02-2003, 04:06 PM
I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good ab workout video? I'm now 7 months post-baby and my abs don't exist anymore. I had a diastisis with my 2nd baby (the ab muscles split apart) and I know the only way to make fix it is sit ups but I HATE situps. If anyone can point me in the right direction or even recommend just some exercises that might work, I'd be so appreciative. I guess it would help if I didn't keep digging into the 4 bags of Halloween candy that's left over... TIA

MelissaTC
11-02-2003, 11:45 PM
I like Denise Austin. She has a 6 minute ab video and another video completely devoted to abs. DH and I love the 6 minute one. Maybe you should start there :)

There are lots of exercises for the abs besides situps. I hate them too! :)

houseof3boys
11-03-2003, 10:32 AM
Would it make them more fun if you did them on an exercise ball? There seem to be a ton of them that you can do with those balls that work different parts of the abs. How funny that as I type this, my big blue exercise ball is collecting dust just a few feet away. Perhaps I will do some sit-ups today!

http://www.sissel-online.com/top_exercises.php just found this site and listed the most popular exercises for the ball. I got my ball at Marshalls for like $15 and they have them at Target too for around $25.

ktdid74
11-03-2003, 04:26 PM
how funny- I bought one of the balls to sit on while I was pregnant and like yours, it sits there gathering dust now. The only use it gets is when my DS plays with it :) Thanks to both of you guys for the suggestions! Now to get more motivated!!

lukkykatt
11-04-2003, 07:49 AM
I like Abs of Steel - 3 different 15 minute workouts. Plus, she is lower key than Denise Austin, so it depends what type of personality you like better.

Not that my abs are steel-like, mind you, but I do like the tape (when I do it).

miki
11-06-2003, 09:48 PM
Funny, I got my exercise ball for exercise before I was pregnant. But only because it was a good deal from Costco--about $20 for the ball and a DVD with a short workout. It wasn't until we went to our childbirth preparation class that I learned you can use them to sit more comfortably during pregnancy.

I just tried the ab part of the DVD yesterday--so depressing! I used to be able to do all the exercises. Now I can't do half! The muscles just won't cooperate. I was hoping to be able to tone up enough and flatten my belly so I could avoid having to buy new (that is, bigger) jeans and pants for when it gets colder.