PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 10/27

JulieL
11-03-2003, 02:09 PM
Good Afternoon!

Man I had a great work out week, lots of variety. I started the week out with a run. Adding to my workout I did Ab Scuplt one day. Then I did The Firm and a kickboxing areobic tape.

I just ordered a new workout video from collage-video. It is Janis Saffell's Brand New Butt & More. The website had 16 reviews on this tape and got a lot of positive ones. According to the reviews it really is a killer. I am really wanting to increase my muscle in my legs, hips and thighs (who isn't???!) I'll let you know what I think. Plus I wanted a variety to the Firm workout videos.

Also this last week I purchased these magnet weights. They come in a couple weight increments. Apparently after 15lb dumbells only increase in 5lb increments. Women are not sappose to increase (at least by freeweights) that much. It is just to much strain on the body and very hard to maintain proper form. So I bought a pair of 1 1/4 of these magnets, making the increase for the dumbell 2.5 lbs. I have used them once and they worked really well. You can not use them (at least I don't think you can) on covered weights. You need to use them on the pure metal weights. Here is the link for them. I ended up finding them at a locat store call The Fitness Store so I didn't have to pay the horrible shipping cost:

http://www.1-workoutdelivery.com/addonwgt.htm

Also I have tried several recepes from my new Dieters Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. They were very yummy. This last week I increased my fruit intake. I made sure I had a serving of fruit with lunch and dinner every day. Got to keep off that holiday lbs!!!

How are you???

MartiesMom2B
11-03-2003, 06:25 PM
All I have to say is Size 10 jeans! Woo Hoo. These are my prepreg size jeans that I bought this past weekend. Sure they have a lower waist and have spandex in them, but it felt so good to have my normal post preg size jeans be too big.

I found the local nature trail today and have decided to take post lunch walks with Martie. I found that she falls asleep in the stroller and will sleep for a while.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

mamahill
11-03-2003, 09:00 PM
I ate about a zillion Almond Joys. They WERE individually wrapped, though, so I believe I exerted more energy than normal unwrapping them.

Ugh, I started today with a walk and bought expensive shampoo that I get to use only AFTER a workout, though. I'm counting that as my incentive for now. I'll be interested in hearing about your Butt workout. I know I need some help, especially after the coconut/chocolate filled week I had.

I HATE being an emotional eater!! (hmm, perhaps this should have been in the Bizatching Post, rather than the weigh-in?) Ah well, I'm looking to you girls as my motivation!

lukkykatt
11-04-2003, 07:46 AM
I had a BAD week. I had so much to do between Halloween activities and running around looking at this and that that I need to pick out for our addition. Then we went away for the weekend. I think I worked out 1x.

Plus a few Halloween indulgences of my own...

BUT the good news is that I started out the week getting right back to my regular routine. So at least I am happy that my more recent better new habits are beginning to stick!

stillplayswithbarbies
11-04-2003, 01:32 PM
I did okay. I ate right and I worked out three times, even though when I got to Curves on Friday they were closed, so I had to get up earlier than I planned to on Saturday to get there in time to work out. I did eat some Halloween candy, but only a few pieces and I counted all of it in my carb count for the day and adjusted accordingly.

The good thing is that I have not gained any weight. I really think that will be my goal from now on. To just hold steady.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

peanut4us
11-04-2003, 02:21 PM
Horrid week... I'm not even telling my WW weigh in! Can someone tell me why my husband decided to buy Halloween candy on Saturday? Uh, 'cause it was on sale. Sigh. If it's in the house it's so hard to control! Snarky.

But I am going to have a good week this week. Last week I worked out 3 times. This week my goal is 4 times. We'll all get there.

And I'm laughing at myself in comparison to some of your successes! I just need to fit into "any" jeans... or I'm going to be really cold soon going everywhere in my shorts!

JulieL
11-04-2003, 04:10 PM
Sonia,
That is so great that you are now down to a size 10!!! I hope you feel the full accomplishment that really is! Enjoy the nature trail. It's nice to have a pretty incentive to look at!

MartiesMom2B
11-04-2003, 04:46 PM
Joey:

There is a reason that I had to buy new jeans, if I didn't I'd be wearing elastic waist sweatpants all winter long. I don't even think I can get a thigh into my real prepreg jeans.

Keep on with WW, remember weight loss is an average. Plus you worked out 3 times more last week than I have in the past 3 weeks!

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

mamahill
11-04-2003, 04:50 PM
Is there something wrong with wearing sweatpants all winter?!:)LOL, I figure if they're boot-cut and have stripes down the side, they I just LOOK sporty. Other than that, my two favorite words are STRETCH DENIM. I got a pair of Express Jeans (stretch) at Ross for $15. woohoo!

lukkykatt
11-04-2003, 05:02 PM
ITA! I just got a pair of stretch denim jeans and I love them!!

khakismom
11-04-2003, 06:17 PM
Not so hot. A curse on the Halloween candy! I tried to buy mini packages of pretzels, but DH informed me that I would be the most hated mom on the block if I gave those out. :(

Plus, I haven't worked out in a week. Work is dragging me, and I'm still trying to get used to the time chage--pathetic excuse, I know! But I am back this week, still determined. I just get so tired of all this fighting with myself between food and eating healthy, between precious sleep and getting up early to hit the gym. I'm just tired of always figting this weight battle--it's emotionally draining. I need to just do it and get on with it...

JMarie
11-04-2003, 11:41 PM
My shoulder is all healed! WOO HOO! I'm starting slow, just cardio and very light weights, but it feels SO GOOD to get back on track. Diet is going better - I've really upped my protein to keep my shoulder strong. I really had to get back to the gym - the child care center staff really missed Aidan!

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher
01/28/03

JulieL
11-05-2003, 09:52 AM
Jennifer,
I am so glad that you are now healed up! Take your time getting back into your groove!

Annette_C
11-05-2003, 11:40 AM
I did pretty well last week. I worked out during Sabrina's midday nap and added a 30 min. workout on the elliptical trainer after dinner.
DH and I bought the South Beach Diet book at Costco(for $14) and decided to give it a shot starting this week.
So far, we're doing a modified version (since we haven't had the chance to read the entire book yet) using the list of foods allowed in stage 1. I'll let you know how it goes.
Sarah, I LOVE stretch denim also!! I own several pairs and are my very favorites!
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

mamahill
11-05-2003, 05:16 PM
Yes - please let me know. I'm upping my protein intake, and trying to limit carbs, but how in the name of wonderful food are you going to NOT eat pasta?!?! And I just found a recipe for Vodka Sauce I'm dying to try... *sniff*