PDA

View Full Version : Deal on the Firm at Sam's Club!

emmasmama
11-11-2003, 05:07 PM
I hit Target and picked up the Firm 2 system (3 tapes + sculpting stick) for $60 and then afterward, doing my shopping at Sam's Club, I came across the Firm 2 on DVD instead of video, plus it came with a bonus abs DVD all for $30 (4 DVDs)... so I returned the one to Target, got myself a kitchen step stool ($6) to use as my fanny lifter (hope it passes) and borrowed some hand weights to get me started. Just wanted to pass on the good deal to anyone else considering the Firm but experiencing sticker shock from the price on the their web site.

JulieL
11-12-2003, 10:32 AM
That's great! I am sure a kitchen step stool will work, as long as it is stable! Enjoy!!!:)

emmasmama
11-12-2003, 11:46 AM
Julie, I just did the complete aerobics and weight training and I'm pretty impressed... granted, I haven't done aerobics in ages, but so far I really like this - did the abs last night and am sore already.

One question - on the DVD they use the shorter part of the fanny lifter for some of the "step aerobics" type exercises. This is about 1/2 the height of my step stool (which is the height of the bigger part of the fanny lifter - I know because I put them side-by-side at Target). I just did the exercises involving the short fanny lifter section on the floor for now since I'm just getting started anyway.

Do you think it's worth it to order the real fanny lifter? It seemed pretty nice when I saw it at Target, but you can't buy it on it's own - only with the videos - drat! It seems ridiculous to spend probably $40 or so (once you add shipping) on what are essentially 2 step stools, but I also want to be able to enjoy doing these workouts without too much finagling.

I don't think I really need the sculpting stick, but the fanny lifter might be nice. I guess I'll do the rest of the DVDs with my step stool and see how it goes, but let me know what you think!

JulieL
11-12-2003, 01:15 PM
You could try on ebay to find the fanny lifer by itself. I know I have seen them on ebay. Just search for The Firm Workouts or something like that. Another idea is to go to a place like organized living and see if they have shorter steps. I also think the price is rediculous for something entirely made of plastic! Take a few workouts before you decide to purchase the step if money is an issue.

emmasmama
11-12-2003, 03:12 PM
Argh! I just looked on ebay - the cheapest one (which the auction hasn't closed for yet) is $41 + $10 for shipping - OUTRAGEOUS! That's just for the fanny lifter - no tapes or anything else. I mean, I paid $30 for the whole set of DVDs, why would I pay more than that for the step thingy??

And the other thing that's strange is that I can't figure out why anyone would pay that much for it, because I got a coupon for $29.99 + shipping that came with the DVDs, so unless shipping is 20 bucks, I know I can get it for less directly from the Firm. Weird, huh?

egoldber
11-12-2003, 03:21 PM
It never ceases to amaze me what people will pay on eBay.

AngelaS
11-13-2003, 07:15 AM
I was looking for The Firm on eBay and saw someone who was selling handmade wooden 'fanny lifters', just the steps, if that helps. :)