PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 11/10

JulieL
11-18-2003, 11:02 AM
Ah, I had such good intentions. I started off working out two days early in the week. I did a kickboxing workout and a pilates workout.

Then it happened. Anthony is teething again. It's his 2 year old molars. It's been a nightmare ever since friday. He has been ssssooooooo cranky. Every day since friday he has been crying for half of the day, maybe more. He just can't get happy and I am exhausted. Doesn't give me much hope for this week. If you feel like it, send a prayer my way, we could really use it!

How are you???

lukkykatt
11-18-2003, 02:22 PM
I got in two workouts as well. I did the elliptical trainer both times, once with an ab workout as well. Then the week went downhill. DS got sick, then I got sick (stomach issues for both of us - double yuck). And the VCR ate two of my ab tapes! I'll certainly say a prayer for you, and we could use one as well!

PS: Britax carseats are NOT made to be easily cleaned after a stomach upset!

egoldber
11-18-2003, 03:02 PM
Well, I got in two workouts last week, 60 minutes on the treadmill, while Sarah was at preschool. She has a runny nose today though, so she stayed home from preschool today, so probably no workout today. :( I'm having a hard time finidng a workout to do while I'm at home.

But on the upside, I lost 5 pounds after one week on Phase 1 of South Beach!!

peanut4us
11-18-2003, 03:20 PM
I keep having these average weeks... and it's depressing because the only thing that is stopping me from having a great week is myself!

I worked out three times... once was really fun. DH and I took Sara to a new county park in ther jogging stroller and we walked and ran up and down hills and played games with Sara (ever tried to run up to a stroller and play peek a boo??). So we are going to try to do more of that.

I ate reasonably well until DH made BOTH a flourless chocolate cake and dark chocolate mousse. Sigh. So yummy. But I guess being a good girl the rest of the time worked because at my WW weigh in today, I lost 1 pound. I keep telling myself that slow and steady wins the race.

This week is going to be a challenge on the exercise because I have commitments every night this week. Grrr. Oh well, I better make sure that I eat right.

khakismom
11-18-2003, 04:29 PM
Not so bad week. Trying to get back into the swing of getting up at 4:45 to WO. I have been very spotty with it over the past few weeks because DH has been out of town. Went 1x to the gym, and have already been 2x this week. Plus I've been doing SB and have lost a little weight, but mainly don't feel as bloated and puffy.

As much as I want the scale to go down, I wouldn't mind being this weight if I was lean and trim and not flabby. So I am going to concentrate more on the exercising and less on the eating, b/c I find that when I work out, my eating comes online, plus I lose inches. :)

liya
11-18-2003, 09:22 PM
I joined a local gym today with my sister..They have a nursery to take care of Ari while we work out and i lost a total of 3PDS!!!!! this week...YAYYYY!!!!

MartiesMom2B
11-18-2003, 09:40 PM
I've lost two more pounds. I've been walking more. Starting the week after Thanksgiving, I'm going to go back to the Firm. Now that I've lost all of pregnancy weight, I'm going to start tackling to get to my goal weight (10-15 more pounds) and I want to get lean muscle developed again.

Congrats to all of the losers {as in weight loss} (ha ha) out there.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

Edited to clarify that the losers are super weight losers. I would never think any of you were losers as in people who have no lives. :)

nathansmom
11-18-2003, 10:02 PM
I've decided to join all you guys. However my first attempt at excerise last week was a cycling class where I nearly killed myself. My butt hurt for days. Now that I have recovered I have joined a walking class. I'm hoping that between the walking class and the liquid diet I'm being force to do I will lose some weight.

Annette_C
11-19-2003, 12:13 AM
Congratulations on your weight loss, everyone!!
I worked out 5x last week. DH and I are still on the SBD and, as of last Friday, I lost 6 lbs. I used to weight myself everyday but have decided to switch to once a week.
I'm getting a little more creative with the menus (especially since checking out the links Beth so kindly provided) and we had Turkey Chili for dinner tonight. It was out of this world!! Yumm!!
I also make an egg and parmesan cheese bread (we call it pizza piena in italian and it's an Easter treat) with no flour at all that comes in handy for breakfast or anytime we crave "bread".
Beth, I would suggest a Denise Austin workout for you to do at home. Her style is low impact and mostly for beginners.
Julie, I hope you'll have a better week and that Anthony feels better soon.
Norah, good luck with your weight loss and your jaw problem. I hope you, too, will be better soon.
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

mamahill
11-19-2003, 11:23 AM
Did the Firm three times and walked once. My dietary intake could use some major help, but that will occur after my brother's wedding (cake! cake!). I'm also drinking a lot more water and when I go to bed at night I don't feel wound up - definitely falling asleep faster!

stillplayswithbarbies
11-19-2003, 12:31 PM
I would love to have the recipe for the egg and parmesan cheese bread

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Annette_C
11-19-2003, 09:20 PM
I guess you have to come on over to my house, then, Karen!:)
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02