PDA

View Full Version : Do any of your DHs work out at home?

mamahill
11-19-2003, 11:43 AM
DH has been expressing an interest in working out. I'm not sure if I should buy him a gym membership for Christmas, get a bench and heavier weights for home, or just push for an elliptical trainer;). I don't know if he would like the gym membership because I think he would like to wake up, work out, shower and go to work, rather than get up, drive to the gym, work out, drive home, shower and go to work. I know they have showers at the gym, but don't know if he'd prefer his own. Obviously I should ask HIM:), but thought I'd ask what your DHs are doing, if anything. DH talks big, so we'll see what happens...

Sandy
11-19-2003, 12:14 PM
Hi Sarah,
I have a bunch a guy friend who swear by the total gym. I don't have any personal experience with it but he is very into working out and had tried the soloflex, bowflex etc.. and loves the total gym and he said it was a reasonable a price. (of course I don't know what he means by reasonable as I don't have any idea how much it costs.) He did say that it was really easy to store when he wasn't using it. DH is way too lazy to work out right now and he gained more weight than I did when I was pregnant (LOL), Gotta love him for that. He relied on a modified atkins diet to lose all his weight.

Sandy mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02

Annette_C
11-19-2003, 12:16 PM
Dan used to work out at home before Sabrina was born. He says he'll start again soon.
He has weights and a set of Gilad's workout for men. He's lucky that the place where he works has a gym for the employees but he hasn't been able to take advantage of it between the responsibilities of his new position and Sabrina!:)
If it helps, my son also works out at home after work. He says it saves a lot of time and trouble.
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

AngelaS
11-19-2003, 12:30 PM
Mine does the Nordic Track daily. He comes home and changes right away and does 30 minutes, then he's calmer and ready to deal with US! :D

bluej
11-19-2003, 01:00 PM
My DH works out at home as well. He uses the treadmill that I really need to be using! We have the cordless headphones so he can watch movies while he works out. Sort of kills two birds w/ one stone...workout and watch a movie that he normally wouldn't have the time for. And no, he doesn't work out for two hours at a time! For some reason he is able to turn a movie off after 45 minutes and walk away w/o knowing the ending for a few more days. He also works out at the gym one to two times a week. He says he prefers working out at home, but where he's at the AF requires at least one weekly group workout. I think it's a personal preference thing so I would try to find out what your DH would get the most use out of.

mamahill
11-20-2003, 09:08 PM
Hmmm, you've given me a lot to think about. The Total Gym looks like a great deal at qvc.com right now. I'm still not sure. I don't want to surprise him with it and then have him say, "Uh, what were you THINKING?!" But I do like that it can fold up. I guess I need to decide if I'd rather spend money on a toning piece of equipment, or aerobic (the elliptical trainer). We definitely do NOT have room for both! Hmmm... more thinking to do!