PDA

View Full Version : Feel like a cow and a mess.....

mik8
11-21-2003, 04:39 PM
Holy moly, I CANNOT fit anymore in any of my pre-pregnacy clothes. I don't know what galaxy my neighbors and friends came from who never seemed to have added a centimeter after giving birth. I am 3 1/2 months postpartum. I feel like a blob and I admit I am waaaay too lazy to exercise and cannot even do sit-ups even before pregnancy. What did you all do out there to fit in your clothes? Did you buy a whole new wardrobe? I have 8 more lbs to lose but I swear I feel like 50 lbs more than that! In desperate attempts, I wore girdle but felt like someone's tying a rope knot around me. I see my neighbors in their skin tight exercise outfits in the mornings pushing their baby strollers and I swear I really think they came from another planet.
Also, I visited a friend of mine who just had a baby before I was prego and at 3 p.m. she looked like a train-wreck - hair undone, still in a bathrobe, and wearing stained sweatpants. I swore to myself I would never be like that when I have a baby. Yeah right! I'm even worse. I guess I'm putting this upon myself too because I'm too lazy to exercise. Anyone feeling this way?

Annette_C
11-21-2003, 11:27 PM
Aimee,
I think we've all felt like that at one point or another in our lives...especially after a baby!
It has only been a few months since you gave birth. Please don't be so hard on yourself. Plus, 8 lbs is not the end of the world. By you watching your diet a little more closely and adding some kind of activity to your life style, you'll see those pounds melt away!
I know you said you don't like to exercise but do you like to dance? Just put on some fast beat music and start moving around. It will do wonders for your spirits!
You can also join your neighbors in their daily walk with the babies.
Just know that we understand how you feel and are here for you for encouragement.
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

mik8
11-22-2003, 10:42 AM
Sabrina,

Wow, dancing is such a great idea! I don't know if I have the rhythm but I like that suggestion. Will give it a try. Thanks for the input.

McQ
11-24-2003, 09:16 PM
Aimee you don't need rhythm to dance. I have NO rhythm but it doesn't stop me. Find some tunes you like and it'll help you get moving.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

mik8
11-24-2003, 10:47 PM
Now you both really got me going in here now. I followed Sabrina's advise, downloaded some upbeat 80's and revival music from Kazaa website and made my own personal compilation of all-time dancing favorites. Music indeed is a mood-lifter although I feel like an idiot dancing with my poochie Sparky and baby as audience. They have this look on their faces like, "Goodness gracious, somebody better help this woman get back to her senses!."