PDA

View Full Version : I had a great meal out tonight.....without the guilt!

Annette_C
11-21-2003, 11:37 PM
I learned from the Prevention-SBD forum that Ruby Tuesday's has added a Low Carb line of food to the menu. I checked their site and, sure enough, it's true. I told DH that I wanted to try it so we went there for dinner tonight.
I had one of the best dinners out without the guilt!!! They even have the mashed cauliflowers as a side...among other low carb options. The best part, though, is that they have a low carb cheesecake and it's delicious!! After three weeks, I finally had a real dessert and I didn't have to feel badly about it!!
I heard on the local news tonight that TGI Friday's is adding a low carb line of foods also and, get this, a low carb MARGARITA!!! Guess where we're going next?!? ;)
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

egoldber
11-22-2003, 09:35 AM
LOL!! Annette, that is too funny! We ate at Ruby Tuesdays last night too!! :)

Annette_C
11-22-2003, 11:29 AM
What a coincidence, Beth!:)
Did you go for the same reason? And, how did you like the food? I thought their mashed cauliflowers are way better tasting than the ones I made following the recipe from the book.
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

egoldber
11-22-2003, 01:57 PM
Oh yes, I read the same thing! I was salivating thinking about it all week!! :)

I didn't get the cauliflower (I had the Cajun Chicken Salad). But the stuff I made at home was pretty good. I read somewhere that Ruby Tuesday adds cheese to theirs, so I added some to mine. But DH's response to my mashed cauliflower was that he would prefer streamed cauliflower. So I won't be making that again any time soon, LOL!

JulieL
11-24-2003, 11:51 AM
I just saw a segment on The Today Show that Apple Bees is sampling Weight Watcher dishes. They have narrowed down to 2 dozen and are trying them out at there experimental locations. Glad that healthier choices are becoming more available!

emmasmama
12-06-2003, 09:29 AM
This is the article about it from USAToday...

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/food/2003-11-11-ruby-tuesday_x.htm

Glad to see that some of these chain restaurants are finally catching on!