PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to tell you all it IS possible to not overeat in the holidays....

liya
11-29-2003, 12:30 AM
I kept my promise to myself of keeping my diet straight throughout the holidays. Yesterday i had my sister measure everything for me..And I enjoyed everything that was given to me in small portions. I felt great didnt feel guilty at all...So for those of you who still have alot more holiday meals to come it can be done...You can eat everything there is to eat just limiting your portions taking a tiny bit of that and a tiny bit of this and not have to worry about the guilt that comes afterwards...

That said i tried some clothes today and felt great about myself...Never thought i could get this feeling by loosing a few lbs. So im looking foward to the 40 more pds i need to loose....:)

MartiesMom2B
11-29-2003, 07:41 AM
Linda:

Good for you. I'm so proud of you. DH and I are doing The Firm for the next couple of weeks to make up for our sins. :)

That 40 lbs will melt off before you know it.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

mamahill
11-30-2003, 01:36 AM
Good for you Linda! I thought I came down with a bit of food poisoning the night before Thanksgiving (another *great* way to avoid overeating the next day), but now Ainsleigh has vomitted three times today (although her mood doesn't indicate anything is wrong!). The flu maybe?

Anyway, good for you. I may take a page from your book over the next few weeks. They're going to be brutal!!

Deep breaths ladies - we CAN get through this!!

egoldber
12-01-2003, 03:04 PM
Good for you Linda!!

I was pretty happy that I still lost half a pound over the last week! I ate a "regular" Thanksgiving dinner and also a dinner on Saturday night when we had a big family party, but other than those 2 meals, DH and I both stayed on the SBD all weekend! I was pretty proud of both of us!

Annette_C
12-01-2003, 11:12 PM
Great job, Linda!
Dh and I had been on the SBD for a month by the time Thanksgiving came around and we were starving for carbs!:)
We had a regular meal but, since we went to my brother's and SIL and they're on the SBD also, we were able to eat healthier than normal. That doesn't mean we didn't have stuffing and pies, just means no pasta, no bread and no white potatoes.
Then, DH and I had a "date" on Saturday. We went to see "Love Actually" (really cute movie!) and stopped for snacks and drinks after. Wrong thing to do when on a diet! We had loads of fun, though, and that's more important than the diet!:)
Let's just say I didn't want to weight myself this morning (afraid of disappointment) so I'll assume (read: strong possibily) I didn't lose anything.
Hoping to get back on track this week. If not, I'll call you, Linda, for inspiration!
Keep up the good work, hon!
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02